Author Topic: Weird pushback  (Read 978 times)

Richard1000

Weird pushback
« on: June 09, 2023, 01:11:17 pm »
Hi
I have a couple of payware airfields where the pushback is very odd. This is with the fenix A320. I suspect this is entirely the designer's fault but would be grateful for your insight.
EGJJ Jersey Gate 5 the fenix was rotated 180 degrees and pushed through the terminal
Wellington NZWN Gate 26 I had a similar problem so customised the quick tail left pushback. This now does end up where I want to be but only after an initial 360 degree rotation!
Any thoughts?
Thanks
Richard

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Weird pushback
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2023, 03:13:06 pm »
Please clarify:

- Which scenery are you using because, lacking any better information, we can only assume default.

- If you are using a custom GSX profile. If you are, point to that profile, please, so we can have a look.

Richard1000

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2023, 04:00:29 pm »
As said, both payware!
UK2000 Jersey
Wellington is by flight beam

No custom profiles. At Wellington had tried a custom pushback. At Jersey had made the parking a walk - on spot

Richard

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2023, 04:25:15 pm »
As said, both payware!

Sorry, but we really cannot track of any scenery out there, or if there are different versions of the same airports available.

No custom profiles.

It's normal that, without a custom profile, some parking positions might not work and require a custom pushback.

At Wellington had tried a custom pushback.

Then it would have been helpful to have a look at a screenshot showing how you set up the waypoints and the end position.

At Jersey had made the parking a walk - on spot

You mean a Walk-in gate with passengers paths ? it's not really relevant to pushback.

Richard1000

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2023, 12:46:27 pm »
Have done two custom quickedit pushbacks and these appear to work correctly! No more spinning aircraft.
Richard

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2023, 03:29:08 am »
Have done two custom quickedit pushbacks and these appear to work correctly! No more spinning aircraft.

Well, that's the point of pushback customization. Usually GSX can figure out the right pushback 90% of the times, but some simply cannot be guess automatically, that's when the customization enters into play.