Author Topic: verbage change  (Read 834 times)

benjroverr

verbage change
« on: June 04, 2023, 01:35:01 am »
hi, there could we make the verbiage a little different and more realistic?

example below

prior to push back

cockpit to ground communication check
ground to cockpit I read you loud and clear
ground to cockpit confirm park brake is set
cockpit-to-ground park brake is set we will get back to you shortly
cockpit to ground park brake is released ( steering is off in some aircraft only ) we are clear to push
advise engine start.
ground to cockpit commencing push you are clear to start the engine on the push.

after pushback is completed.

ground to cockpit pushback is complete, confirm park brake is set
cockpit to ground park brake is set.
cockpit to ground we have a successful start you are clear to disconnect revert to hand signal
confirm all the access panels are closed and the pin is removed.
ground to cockpit. the tow bar is disconnected reverting to hands, all panels are closed and the pin is removed have a safe flight
cockpit to ground thanks for the push guys have a good day.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: verbage change
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2023, 02:07:01 pm »
This will make the overall pushback procedure a bit more convoluted and longer with no actual benefit (none of those additions would have any relationship with something that affects the simulation), when most users wanted to make it a bit faster, if possible.

And, there's the added complication that, any change to the wording, would require updating ALL voices, for all accents, in male and female variations. While this might not as big of a problem for the text-to-speech voices, it is for the real voices we either hired a professional voice actor for, or for the ones that has been graciously contributed by users around the world.

If we'll ever touch the pushback procedure, it will be to do something substantial that would affect the simulation, for example the ability to pull back to the gate, in case of an engine failure. THEN it would make sense to do the effort of changing the voices as well.

benjroverr

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2023, 08:57:05 am »
I see well, just an idea I wanted to throw out there since immersion is a big thing in flight simulation nowadays. gsx has come a long way and it is soo much nicer and more user-friendly now compare to the initial release I must add. it's just some verbiage that sort of takes away from the experience.
I am an airline pilot and ground crew for example never says clear left or right after pushback. I understand the speedy part of it getting the pushback done but how about this example...

ground crew: hello captain we are ready for push back confirm the parking brake is set.
cockpit to ground park brake is set ( captain says that as soon as you set the break or if already set )
ground crew: departure check completed bypass pin inserted
ground crew: locking gear
ground crew: release park break plz
ground crew: commencing push, cleared to start the engines on the push
ground crew: push back complete, confirm park brake is set
cockpit to ground park brake is set, we have a good engine start cleared to disconnect and revert to hand signal.
ground crew: unlocking gear
ground crew: tow truck is disconnected and the bypass pin is removed have a safe flight.

kingnorris

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2023, 10:15:44 pm »
hi, there could we make the verbiage a little different and more realistic?

example below

prior to push back

cockpit to ground communication check
ground to cockpit I read you loud and clear
ground to cockpit confirm park brake is set
cockpit-to-ground park brake is set we will get back to you shortly
cockpit to ground park brake is released ( steering is off in some aircraft only ) we are clear to push
advise engine start.
ground to cockpit commencing push you are clear to start the engine on the push.

after pushback is completed.

ground to cockpit pushback is complete, confirm park brake is set
cockpit to ground park brake is set.
cockpit to ground we have a successful start you are clear to disconnect revert to hand signal
confirm all the access panels are closed and the pin is removed.
ground to cockpit. the tow bar is disconnected reverting to hands, all panels are closed and the pin is removed have a safe flight
cockpit to ground thanks for the push guys have a good day.

Not a bad idea, although to be honest, I don't want to be sitting at the gate for a 1/2 hour waiting for comms. Lol.