Author Topic: KIAH Parking & Jetway Errors  (Read 1660 times)

downscc

KIAH Parking & Jetway Errors
« on: May 28, 2023, 11:54:47 pm »
I installed and activated GSX Pro at least a month ago.  Today, I purchased KIAH for MSFS from your website and used Universal Installer to both catch the latest GSX Pro version and install and activate KIAH.  The only KIAH I had before today was the default one.  In MSFS world map detail view of KIAH I see double parking spaces at each location. When I load a PMDG B738 at gate C-7 I see multiple jetways but GSX Pro says there are no jetways.

Looking for recommendations to make this scenery usable.

Update:  I notice the GSX airport profile for KIAH is not installed at %appdata%\virtuali\gsx\msfs\kiah-fsdt.ini and if I use GSX Pro configuration where default jetways are used that the double parking space symbols on the world map and multiple jetways disappear, and GSX will operate the default jetway. Why is the airport profile missing??

Update:  I used universal installer to remove KIAH, re-download and install KIAH and I am still missing kiah-fsdt.ini

Live Update 2.6.1, GSX Pro 2.6.1, KIAH 1.0.3 ..... why am I missing kiah-fsdt-ini??

SOLVED:  File kiah-fsdt.ini is now installed and the airport parking looks good.  One of two things resolved my issue:  First, I set admin rights couatl_updater.exe and that didn't solve the problem yesterday, so today I set the desktop shortcut you created for universal installer with admin rights.  Then also today I unlinked and removed KIAH then installed KIAH and activated.  Voila, the missing file appeared.  Either because it was another day or the admin right changes.... don't know.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2023, 06:04:40 pm by downscc »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KIAH Parking & Jetway Errors
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2023, 04:00:45 pm »
Nothing you did changed anything. We had a bug in the updater that didn't download the GSX .INI profile in some cases, but since the updater can update itself, running it again, you eventually got the fixed version and it worked.