Author Topic: Jetways aren't moving at some airports  (Read 1215 times)

sidfadc

Jetways aren't moving at some airports
« on: June 05, 2023, 10:06:38 pm »
Hi there

I'm an avid user of GSX, couldn't fly without it!  Currently using latest version all up to date via Live Update.

At some airports (definitely the minority) the jetways don't move when I call for boarding.  I can "hear" the passengers but never see them and the onboarding count goes up to 10,20,50,130 done like super quick.  I don't understand why at some airports the jetways behave this way, is it scenery or GSX config related?

I've just purchased Flightbeam KDEN, removed default KDEN from content manager. 
At gate B56 in the PMDG 737-800.  I'm using a GSX profile from flightsim.to.
I've repositioned the aircraft at its current spot.

Apologies I know there are umpteen threads about jetways not moving but considering the vast changes with the Navdata API I can't find anything recent after a search.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Jetways aren't moving at some airports
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2023, 12:44:20 pm »
The most likely cause, you missed the part labeled as "IMPORTANT" in the manual, which is to Disable GSX Replacement Jetways for 3rd party airports. At least, you haven't said you did that, so I assume you haven't. Quoting from the GSX Manual, Page 7:

IMPORTANT

The Configuration of 3rd Party Exclusion from Jetway replacement is done when doing any of the following:

• When you first Install or reinstall GSX
• When you perform a GSX Update
• If you Install/Reinstall/Unlink/Relink any FSDT airport

If you install a new 3rd party scenery, just installing it won’t result to automatically go here and reconfigure Jetway Exclusion, you should develop a habit to always check the GSX Config page after installing a new 3rd party scenery. Failing to do so, would result in Parking conflicts (visible as double Parking spots in the World Map), and Jetways malfunctions.

If you never use default airports and you always have a 3rd party add-on for any airport you fly into, you might consider Disabling ALL GSX Jetway replacement files at once, by clicking the >>> button on the Enabled side, so they will all go on the Disabled side, and eventually Enable an airport, for that time you want to use the default scenery.

sidfadc

Re: Jetways aren't moving at some airports
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2023, 08:20:18 pm »
Hey thanks for reply.

I'm annoyed because I do have a habit of running the jetway exclusion in the config but in this instance I did not do it!  So that solved the problem.