Author Topic: Live Update is really Slow  (Read 1341 times)

Deltatristar500

Live Update is really Slow
« on: July 15, 2023, 03:34:24 pm »
Hi, just wondering if others are experiencing the live update for GSX to be really slow lately.
Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550
Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D
Asus Geforce 4080 RTX OC Edition
64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz
EVGA 850W Power Supply
1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4
Viewsonic vx2757
Windows 10

fcmusician

Re: Live Update is really Slow
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2023, 04:42:41 pm »
Yep. Almost thinking that was a BIG update. Definitely slow though.
Frank B^)

pilot3033

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2023, 08:27:51 pm »
The newest update looks like it downloads a bunch of new passenger models, presumably for the forthcoming "passengers sit inside the airplane" update.

BAW242

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2023, 09:34:23 pm »
Hopefully a one-off but after this update boarding took 30fps off my system, and then back to normal after boarding complete. Will test more tomorrow.

jahurz

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2023, 04:09:25 am »
Can confirm tested both the universal installer and live updator. Its so slow i thought it was my ISP creating issue.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2023, 06:52:12 pm »
Whenever we release lots of new files, it's completely normal the download would be slow in the first days, because the new files are not yet spread on the whole Cloudflare network so, the first user downloading a certain file, would download it directly from our server, only the 2nd user of the SAME node would get the cache file from Cloudflare, which will surely be a lot faster.

So, the download is slow, because in the first days, most of the files are server by our server directly.

That's a reason why we are staggering the download, by adding seated passengers models even if they are not in use right now, as soon as we model them so when they'll come "for real", downloads won't be too slow, because everybody will want to download the new thing at the same time.