Author Topic: Editor Keys / Test Jetway  (Read 706 times)

crbascott

Editor Keys / Test Jetway
« on: May 26, 2023, 07:39:49 pm »
Is there a way to get the little menu back that displays what keys do what in editor mode?

Along similar lines, in update 2.4.7 a test jetway function was added. What key does this? I've seen mention of the num-5 key. By default in editor (drone camera) mode it is mapped to "Reset Drone Target Offset". Would I be correct in assuming we would need to clear this default mapping for the test jetway function to work?

I apologize if this is documented ... if so, I haven't been able to find it.

Thanks!

crbascott

Re: Editor Keys / Test Jetway
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2023, 12:23:01 am »
Hack and ye shall find.

Is there a way to get the little menu back that displays what keys do what in editor mode?
Yes. Edit the file ...\AppData\Roaming\virtuali\Couatladdons.ini and change show_vehicle_editor_help = 0 to show_vehicle_editor_help = 1.

Along similar lines, in update 2.4.7 a test jetway function was added. What key does this?
The key for the test jetway function is  [Shift] + [Num 5]. It will only work when editing the parking or stop position.

I apologize if this is documented ... if so, I haven't been able to find it.
Someone as handsome as you does not need to apologize. :) To the best of my knowledge this feature is currently not documented - it is not in the manual nor is the key included on the help menu.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Editor Keys / Test Jetway
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2023, 12:41:00 pm »
Along similar lines, in update 2.4.7 a test jetway function was added. What key does this? I've seen mention of the num-5 key.

The Test Jetway feature has always been available, what the updater changed, is that before it was only available when editing the Parking itself, after the update it works even when editing the Stop position, which is more useful, so you won't have to constantly go back to the parking just to test the jetway while you are editing the Stop position (which is the most important for the jetway).

I just realized it's not documented in the MSFS version of the manual, because its explanation was part of the larger Jetway customization features in FSX/P3D, so the whole chapter is just not there, the only feature that is relevant for MSFS is the Jetway test.

No, there's no risk of conflict with the default Drone camera, because the NumPad 5 assumes you have NumLock enabled, otherwise it's Shift-NumPad 5, so it's not an issue with the drone camera.