Author Topic: PMDG 737 entry fwd L door closes too late  (Read 1234 times)

SN737

PMDG 737 entry fwd L door closes too late
« on: May 27, 2023, 10:36:46 pm »
As subject states, it should be closed when chocks are removed but it closes waaay too late when the ground staff guy is locking the gear.

MediumRareBaku

Re: PMDG 737 entry fwd L door closes too late
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2023, 04:00:34 am »
+1

airbadger

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2023, 01:36:19 pm »
Yeah it was fixed before so the timing was correct but this issue came back at least a few weeks ago. And just like previously, I only see it at jetways. At remote stands, GSX closes it at the right time.

SN737

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2023, 06:06:42 pm »
Yeah it was fixed before so the timing was correct but this issue came back at least a few weeks ago. And just like previously, I only see it at jetways. At remote stands, GSX closes it at the right time.
true

moxiejeff

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2023, 09:21:25 pm »
+1 on this too; the "bug" came back. I'm sure GSX will get it fixed, it probably was a change in the sim in fairness to FSDT.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2023, 10:46:03 pm »
Nothing has changed and nothing has been fixed either. What you are looking at, it's just GSX closing the door as the last thing it does before departure, because it's assuming you forgot it so, it's not its normal automation.

After a certain update in the sim, when there's a Jetway, the simulator itself will close/open the door when the jetway extend or retracts. Now, fact it can't do it on the PMDG is not really relevant but, you think the "bug is back", but that's just because after this update, to prevent conflicts with the simulator own door opening, if there's a jetway, GSX will not operate the main exit anymore, and you noticed when GSX *does* operate the door when there's no jetway, it does it at the right time.

When there's a jetway, and you don't close the door yourself, GSX will make another last check during departure, to be sure all doors are closed, that's what you are seeing.

I guess it might be possible, for certain airplanes we know MSFS cannot control this way, we could make an exception and continue to operate the main exit (if MSFS could open the PMDG door, you might assume it was GSX...), even when there's a jetway. That's possible, but it's completely different than say the "bug came back".

airbadger

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2023, 02:33:21 pm »
Nothing has changed and nothing has been fixed either. What you are looking at, it's just GSX closing the door as the last thing it does before departure, because it's assuming you forgot it so, it's not its normal automation.

After a certain update in the sim, when there's a Jetway, the simulator itself will close/open the door when the jetway extend or retracts. Now, fact it can't do it on the PMDG is not really relevant but, you think the "bug is back", but that's just because after this update, to prevent conflicts with the simulator own door opening, if there's a jetway, GSX will not operate the main exit anymore, and you noticed when GSX *does* operate the door when there's no jetway, it does it at the right time.

When there's a jetway, and you don't close the door yourself, GSX will make another last check during departure, to be sure all doors are closed, that's what you are seeing.

I guess it might be possible, for certain airplanes we know MSFS cannot control this way, we could make an exception and continue to operate the main exit (if MSFS could open the PMDG door, you might assume it was GSX...), even when there's a jetway. That's possible, but it's completely different than say the "bug came back".

A GSX update in March improved the timing of the door closing. Am I understanding that it's because of the SU12 that this timing has changed again?

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,29037.msg190956.html#msg190956

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2023, 02:31:01 pm »
A GSX update in March improved the timing of the door closing. Am I understanding that it's because of the SU12 that this timing has changed again?

Have you read my previous explanation ? There's no timing involved anymore if the gate has a jetway because, if it has, GSX is no longer operating the door at all, to be sure it won't conflict with the simulator now doing the same!

As I've said in my previous post, you might *think* something "changed", because the door closed late. But that's not the normal "GSX operating the door" function you are seeing (there's not such thing anymore, on gates with a jetway, on the Main Exit), it's the final check GSX makes before departure, to be sure you haven't forgot anything, like closing doors.

Again, as I also said in my previous post, I guess it might be possible, for certain airplanes we know MSFS cannot control this way, we could make an exception and continue to operate the main exit (if MSFS could open the PMDG door, you might assume it was GSX...), even when there's a jetway. That's possible, but it's completely different than say the "bug came back".