Author Topic: Arrival gate selection (GSX vs. ATC Ground)  (Read 2393 times)

Drumcode

Arrival gate selection (GSX vs. ATC Ground)
« on: May 26, 2023, 05:29:35 pm »
Quick question. Assuming there's no way for ATC ground to sync up with the GSX selection when asking for taxi to the gate?

Example: Yesterday's arrival to Denver. In GSX, I selected B23 but when switched frequency from tower to ground, ATC asked me to taxi to C17.

Not a big deal tbh, but I'm just curious.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Arrival gate selection (GSX vs. ATC Ground)
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2023, 11:25:47 pm »
It is theoretically possible, because there are some (undocumented) variables that hold the gate that has been assigned to you ( and to any other airplane, like AI), however they use a weird naming convention, which is not consistent to how the parking spots are in the Navdata, so it will likely be quite unreliable, because we had to do some reverse translation of what is basically a name, into a unique parking/number/suffix, which are all numbers following a precise standard.

Airmaz1

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2023, 10:46:01 pm »
Quick question. Assuming there's no way for ATC ground to sync up with the GSX selection when asking for taxi to the gate?

Example: Yesterday's arrival to Denver. In GSX, I selected B23 but when switched frequency from tower to ground, ATC asked me to taxi to C17.

Not a big deal tbh, but I'm just curious.

Easy workaround for this, simply select your gate after ground tells you which one to go to, not before.

layercom

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2023, 12:25:08 am »
Great idea, but this will procude two marshall msfs and gsx :(
« Last Edit: August 20, 2023, 06:39:12 am by layercom »

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2023, 07:03:50 am »
Easy workaround for this, simply select your gate after ground tells you which one to go to, not before.
You should be able to change your gate selection once you've selected one.
Great idea, but this will procude to marshall msfs and gsx :(
You'd still get the marshaller and the ground service equipment, as they would pop up once you select the gate.
Captain Kevin

layercom

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2023, 10:49:06 am »
It is theoretically possible, because there are some (undocumented) variables that hold the gate that has been assigned to you ( and to any other airplane, like AI), however they use a weird naming convention, which is not consistent to how the parking spots are in the Navdata, so it will likely be quite unreliable, because we had to do some reverse translation of what is basically a name, into a unique parking/number/suffix, which are all numbers following a precise standard.

Could you consider this for future updates?

Sync with msfs via atc

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2023, 03:26:20 am »

How do you propose to fix the double marshaller ? Or, the MSFS marshaller and the GSX VGDS ? That's what will happen if you select a gate in the default ATC and the same gate in GSX.

DFWSupertrooper

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2023, 06:48:29 pm »
I'm guessing once BeyondATC comes out the double marshaler problem should disappear, because theoretically, we wouldn't be using default ATC at all for anything anymore, which is good.

However, I have an issue on arrival gates and I couldn't find where this has been mentioned - maybe it's something I'm doing wrong? Every time (literally 100%) I land and get assigned a gate by ATC, then use GSX to select that gate, GSX tells me the gate has already been assigned to another aircraft. Is this related? Is it because GSX identified ME as the other aircraft already assigned?

If so, I guess that problem will also disappear with BATC (maybe).

layercom

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2023, 07:43:53 pm »

How do you propose to fix the double marshaller ? Or, the MSFS marshaller and the GSX VGDS ? That's what will happen if you select a gate in the default ATC and the same gate in GSX.

This my idea i may be wrong

"When using msfs atc and requesting a gate if possible gsx checks if there a vgds if yes dont spawn an marshaller, if no then spawn a marshaller."

Dont know if gsx can replace the msfs atc spawn objects.

I side effect i have notice right now if i use msfs atc and gsx it will not remove the spawn msfs objects tug truck caterinfg trucks i have to restart gsx then select gpu to get all of msfs object it spawned via msfs atc gate selection. (In perfect world i would like to get a gate assignment via msfs atc and gsx sync with it, but not sure if its possible with asobo limitations.)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2023, 01:42:53 pm »
This my idea i may be wrong

"When using msfs atc and requesting a gate if possible gsx checks if there a vgds if yes dont spawn an marshaller, if no then spawn a marshaller."

This won't work. The only way you wouldn't see a "double marshaller", would be if GSX didn't spawn *any* Parking Service if you selected the same gate as the one assigned by the ATC, since there's no way to *prevent* the default ATC to spawn its own Marshaller, but that would of course mean you would have to renounce using the GSX Parking service.

I side effect i have notice right now if i use msfs atc and gsx it will not remove the spawn msfs objects tug truck caterinfg trucks i have to restart gsx then select gpu to get all of msfs object it spawned via msfs atc gate selection. (In perfect world i would like to get a gate assignment via msfs atc and gsx sync with it, but not sure if its possible with asobo limitations.)

That's to be expected. GSX is removing objects ONLY when you ask for it, which means:

- When you select a gate in GSX

OR

- When you explicitly tell GSX to remove any AI that might have taken the spot while you were taxiing. This is because GSX is NOT monitor the parking spot continuously to make sure nobody will take it while you get there, and that's why there's an option to remove the assigned AI to begin with.