Author Topic: May 25 Update - FBW A320 Parking Brake Issue  (Read 1226 times)

moxiejeff

May 25 Update - FBW A320 Parking Brake Issue
« on: May 25, 2023, 10:29:19 pm »
I am getting the "you need to set parking brake" in the FBW A2NX in MSFS2020. This had originally be fixed, I thought, as I never recall getting this issue in a long time.

Updated via May 25th update. Any ideas on how to solve? (yes, my parking brake was on).

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: May 25 Update - FBW A320 Parking Brake Issue
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2023, 11:00:09 pm »
Which versions are you using, exactly ?

GSX is not currently able to recognize Stable, Development or Experimental so, if their parking brake variables are not the same for all versions, you must change it yourself in the airplane configuration.

moxiejeff

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2023, 04:10:57 pm »
Ahh that makes sense, thank you! I'm on DEV. I'll check the airplane's config file and add that line I saw you write in a different post.

moxiejeff

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2023, 03:51:02 am »
Just wanted to let anyone else having this issue -- my solve was from a previous thread, I deleted the flybywire folder in the gsx main folder and it works now, no issue w/ parking brake.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2023, 12:01:29 pm »
I deleted the flybywire folder in the gsx main folder and it works now, no issue w/ parking brake.

Surely not the GSX main folder, but rather your GSX folders in %APPDATA%\Virtuali, which contains custom profiles you made for airports and airplanes. They always take precedence over the GSX internal database (otherwise it wouldn't be possible to change something in an internally supported plane), so in this case, your custom profile, likely made for an older version of the airplane, had a Parking brake test which is no longer used.

Removing the file made GSX using only its own internal data, which as far as I know is correct.

moxiejeff

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2023, 09:19:24 pm »
 Yes, apologies -- I meant this folder, not the main GSX folder. %APPDATA%\Virtuali