Author Topic: SimConnect / Airplane Configuration - Stairs  (Read 971 times)

Hanse

• Beta tester
SimConnect / Airplane Configuration - Stairs
« on: April 15, 2023, 03:10:08 pm »
I have a plane for which no GSX.ini is available e.g. the data are taken via SimConnect. In this case the stairs are working well. But as soon as I start to configure the plane in with the 3D-Editor e.g. an GSX.ini file is created the stairs are "unvisible". I get the GSX-confirmation that the stairs are operated but I do not see any stairs. Also when I try the parking spot editor I do not see the stairs - only a red cycle around the position. What can I do to get "visible" stairs after they disappeared for any reason? Thanks for any advice to solve this problem.

Regards,
Rolf

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: SimConnect / Airplane Configuration - Stairs
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2023, 06:44:02 pm »
Were are you testing the airplane ?

If you are on a gate with a Jetway, by default you are only supposed to see the rear stairs and, if either the airport profile has the "disable stairs" option enabled for that gate, or you set the option to always disable rear stairs on gates with jetways in the GSX Settings, you will never see any stairs.

That's why it's best to test a configuration for stairs in a parking on the apron, with no jetways.

Hanse

• Beta tester
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2023, 10:30:12 am »
I tried it at various airports resp. used different planes and the behaviour is everywhere and always  the same. In both settings (GSX and airport gate) the options for stairs are not disabled and if the plane is in your database everything regarding stairs works fine.

I believe you can easily reproduce the issue. Take a plane which is not in your database. As long as the plane data are taken from the SimConnect everything is working fine. But when you start to configure it and a GSX.cfg file is created for that plane, you will have the issue. You still get all necessary information like the "handler", that the stairs are operating or that the operation is completed, but the stairs itself are "unvisible".

There are two options: To find the bug or to put the plane into your database. If you want to include it into your database please let me know which data you need to do so.

Regards,
Rolf

Hanse

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2023, 03:01:09 pm »
Umberto,

I used the GSX.cfg of my new plane with the B78x (which is quite similar) at the same airport / gate and there were no problems with the dtairs. The stairs were visible and connected to 4L without any problem. It means that this is some kind of proof that the problem is not related to the GSX.cfg but really to the GSX plane DB which is the only difference between the two planes.

Regards,
Rolf

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2023, 09:19:24 am »
I cannot really answer properly, without checking the actual airplane.

Before airplanes are added to the internal database, we first use the editor to create a new configuration file for it, so if this wasn't possible, nobody would be able to create a config for an unsupported airplane.

Hanse

• Beta tester
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2023, 12:26:40 pm »
Umberto,

Thanks and I just send you an email as well as a Discord message with all the information to add the plane to your DB, so that the problem with the "invisable" stairs could be solved.

Regards,
Rolf

Hanse

• Beta tester
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2023, 01:37:25 pm »
Hi Umberto,
thanks as with 2.5.9 the stairs in connection with the door 4L are now visible and working as required. But what about adding the plane to your database? Do we then still need the GSX.cfg file to implement? And another question is does MSFS allow this file in their store-version?