Author Topic: Pilots shooting straight up into the air  (Read 1770 times)

lancealotg

Pilots shooting straight up into the air
« on: October 15, 2022, 07:03:42 am »
I fly the Bae146 and use the embedded stairs for boarding at a ramp location.
The pilots exit the crew bus fine and walk to the stairs fine but when they get to the stairs they shoot straight up into the air.

I have tried to customize the stairs and also used a different gsx.ini profile from another user with no difference.

This happens most of the time but once in a while all goes normal and the pilots climb the stairs and enter the plane just fine.

How can I prevent this from happening?

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Pilots shooting straight up into the air
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2022, 09:11:28 am »
Please indicate the and the airport used help clearly identifying the scenery if it's not default, and if you use custom profile for the airport.

cholland

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2022, 02:01:13 pm »
Yup same here. I did post about this a while back. The easiest current short-term fix is to just reload couatl as soon as you start as a restart solves it. Only seems to happen with aircraft with stairs.

lancealotg

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2022, 10:51:20 pm »
Just did a flight from KSLC "Gate (Parking 103 -- Ramp GA small". There is no jetway here.
Default scenery with no custom profile for the airport.
Pilots went straight up again.

Let me know if there is any more information you need from me and thanks for helping me.

Also, thanks for the tip cholland, I will try it on my next flight.

The 146 just looks more at home old-school on a ramp with its airstairs, so I try not to use that new-fangled jetway thingy. ;)
I also fly vor to vor (no FMC) to complete the package.
I have the Fenix, 414 and others but I must say the Bae146 is the only aircraft I want to fly at the moment.

Johan217

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2022, 11:08:09 pm »
Tried it at that location with the BAe146-100. First off, I am getting the "This parking is too small for your aircraft" warning (I suppose it doesn't help that Asobo and many scenery creators choose to define almost all spots as "GA"). Nevertheless, passengers are boarding and deboarding just fine for me here.

I am using the aircraft configuration I uploaded in the section here, but I don't think that makes a difference as I have seen it happen at some locations, too.

lancealotg

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2022, 11:40:42 pm »
Thanks Johan,

The intermittent problems are really the hard ones to solve.

I am using the aircraft config from this section also. 
My community folder is fairly clean, but I do use FSKneeboard and FSLTL injector.
Not sure if one of them might contribute to this problem. Not likely but possible I guess.

Johan217

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2022, 10:25:35 am »
Taken at default KSLC, Parking 26, BAe146-300. FSLTL is installed but not running, so this should not be an issue with too many objects.

- Passengers deboard OK via the back stairs, but not via the front embedded stairs. They drop out of the sky and get stuck on the ground on the bottom of the stairs.
- From there, they never move and a queue forms

Not sure if it matters, but when spawning in via the MSFS map, the front wheels are neatly on the stop line. After repositioning with GSX, the wheels are well in front. Either way, the boarding issue happened in both situations.

I could NOT recreate this a second time, with the next attempts the passengers boarded/deboarded just fine. So there must be something else causing this other than just the parking location.

Unfortunately I did not set up GSX logging for this session, will send a log next time it happens.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2022, 10:44:49 am by Johan217 »

lancealotg

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2022, 05:36:50 pm »
Just completed a flight and I used cholland's tip (reload couat) before calling for boarding and everyone boarded fine.

Its only one flight but I will keep using that tip and see how it goes.

kano

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2023, 05:56:21 pm »
I still suffering this issue, with both the BAe and the ATR, so yes, it seems to happen only with air stairs, because the jetliners, (PMDG and Fenix) do not show this behaviour.

The couatl restart does the trick though

Cheers

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2023, 12:36:40 pm »
Are you sure you are using the latest update ?

kano

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2023, 08:11:34 pm »
not sure as I update every 2-3 days, but then, I update soon after and the problem is gone, thanks a lot! :)