Author Topic: Default Flightplan "AI TRAFFIC FROMAIRPORT"  (Read 818 times)

FerrevmVnion

Default Flightplan "AI TRAFFIC FROMAIRPORT"
« on: November 13, 2023, 02:42:33 pm »
Hi, today and sometimes before i cant get GSX to get synced with Simbrief

I have a valid Simbrief Flightplan, I am at the gate at the origin airport and there are about 20 min prior EBOT....

Log just shows

Default flightplan detected, "AI TRAFFIC FROMAIRPORT" = EDDM "AI TRAFFIC TOAIRPORT" = EDDM
The loaded flight plan to EDDM doesn't match the one on SimBrief, from EDDM to EDDH

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Default Flightplan "AI TRAFFIC FROMAIRPORT"
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2023, 05:35:40 pm »
The problem is caused because you have a *DEFAULT* flight plan (made by selecting Departure and Destination on the Main menu) loaded, which doesn't match the one on Simbrief because, while if there's no default flight plan active, for GSX to consider a Simbrief flightplan as valid it's enough the departure airport matches the one you are located, if there IS a default flightplan active, BOTH Departure and Destination must match the ones on Simbrief, and in this case they don't, because they are the same.

The most common reason for having a flight plan with the same airport as departure and destination, is having selected a Destination in the Main menu map first, then a Departure on the same airport without realizing it, and this creates a flight plan.

FerrevmVnion

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2023, 06:39:26 pm »
I never had a default plan loaded ! NEVER in the entire time MSFS2020 is available, because it's rubbish.
After the leg in my first post (EDDM-EDDH) i flew EDDH-EDDN ..

In EDDH same

Default flightplan detected, "AI TRAFFIC FROMAIRPORT" = EDDH "AI TRAFFIC TOAIRPORT" = EDDH
The loaded flight plan to EDDH doesn't match the one on SimBrief, from EDDH to EDDN

Now im in EDDN and hava a valid flightplan EDDN-EKCH

And...

surprise

Default flightplan detected, "AI TRAFFIC FROMAIRPORT" = EDDN "AI TRAFFIC TOAIRPORT" = EDDH
The loaded flight plan to EDDH doesn't match the one on SimBrief, from EDDN to EKCH

I didnt quit msfs ... its still the same session of msfs running for 8 hours now... so there is no flight plan of the msfs main menu .... (its not possible, technically, because you cant load a flight plan into msfs without leaving to the main menu before)... so what is the reason GSX dont update ?!
« Last Edit: November 13, 2023, 06:45:45 pm by FerrevmVnion »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2023, 10:15:31 pm »
You DO have a flight plan: when you first start the sim, as soon as you select the Departure airport, you have a PARTIAL flight plan, with just a Departure, but that DOES activate the Departure airport variable which GSX reads, and in that case, the Destination variable is empty.

GSX is just reading the variables and acts on them. You are assuming GSX is "not updating", when in fact it's the variables themselves that are not updated, because you keep flying from an airport to the other one without ever returning to the main menu, so they never get a chance to be reset.

FerrevmVnion

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2023, 10:57:23 am »
But what has changed ... never happend before and i didnt change anything in the way i start a flight ... its a new "bug", something has changed... where and why?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2023, 11:13:47 am »
But what has changed ... never happend before and i didnt change anything in the way i start a flight ... its a new "bug", something has changed... where and why?

Do you use SU14 Beta ?

FerrevmVnion

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2023, 03:26:02 pm »
no