Author Topic: Passenger boarding problem  (Read 1519 times)

Soso330

Passenger boarding problem
« on: May 07, 2023, 03:58:24 am »
Hey,

I have a problem where the passengers will board until about 75 passengers have boarded(according to the FBW A320 tablet) after that they stop walking onboard and starts sliding out of the gate sideways and pile up, this happend on ORBX ESGG while using the FBW A320 at gate 14, i tried to reposition the plane, change gate, reload the sim and update GSX but it still does the exact same thing over and over again. all these "mods" worked together without any issue just a week ago

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Passenger boarding problem
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2023, 11:54:25 am »
Most likely, you have too high AI settings, coupled with a too dense airport, so you surpassed the maximum limit of objects in a scene (officially documented as 1000), after which Simconnect no longer responds correctly to commands, causing all sort of malfunctions.

The easiest way to reach the limit is to use AI traffic, especially with AI Injection. But it IS possible to reach it even without it, if the airport is detailed enough.

What you CAN do from GSX to mitigate the problem ( not fixing it, only Asobo can really fix it, by allowing more than 1000 Simobject in a scene ), is:

- Disable the "Ground Clutter" option in GSX. This will only be effective for default airports that had their jetways replaced by GSX.

- Lower the Passenger Density slider in GSX. This will reduce the number of passengers visible at any given time, which will affect the overall number of Simobjects in a scene.

But the most effective way to deal with the Simobject limit, is reducing the AI Density. If the AI traffic product has an option to disable Ground Services for AI, that's the most effective way, because each AI could generate extra 5-6 objects as ground services so, 100 AI airplanes could add 500-600 Simbojects and, if you add the airport objects, and the Jetways, it's very easy to surpass the max Simobject limit.

Soso330

Re: Passenger boarding problem
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2023, 10:16:32 pm »
Most likely, you have too high AI settings, coupled with a too dense airport, so you surpassed the maximum limit of objects in a scene (officially documented as 1000), after which Simconnect no longer responds correctly to commands, causing all sort of malfunctions.

The easiest way to reach the limit is to use AI traffic, especially with AI Injection. But it IS possible to reach it even without it, if the airport is detailed enough.

What you CAN do from GSX to mitigate the problem ( not fixing it, only Asobo can really fix it, by allowing more than 1000 Simobject in a scene ), is:

- Disable the "Ground Clutter" option in GSX. This will only be effective for default airports that had their jetways replaced by GSX.

- Lower the Passenger Density slider in GSX. This will reduce the number of passengers visible at any given time, which will affect the overall number of Simobjects in a scene.

But the most effective way to deal with the Simobject limit, is reducing the AI Density. If the AI traffic product has an option to disable Ground Services for AI, that's the most effective way, because each AI could generate extra 5-6 objects as ground services so, 100 AI airplanes could add 500-600 Simbojects and, if you add the airport objects, and the Jetways, it's very easy to surpass the max Simobject limit.
Thanks for the reply, i just now tried to decrease the amount of simobject and the amount of stuff going through simconnect by:

Lowering GSX passenger density from insane to low
turning off ProATC
turning off MSFSs airport vehicle density and worker density
turning off the airports animated traffic

However i think i found the problem, only some gates work so it might be a problem with the GSX profile file for ESGG