Author Topic: AI traffic in selected airports  (Read 5741 times)

waleed

AI traffic in selected airports
« on: April 01, 2010, 07:22:39 am »
I have fsx with acceleration pack, dx9, no shadows, and traffic x up to date.  Traffic is at bottom of scenery to prevent interference.
My issue is that I show no ai in KJFK,KORD,PHNL.   I sometimes get them to show up, but in the majority of times, they are not there.

I get no issues in the rest of the fsdt airports. They all have ai. (KLAS, KFLL, LSZH, LSGG).

What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks for the help.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
Re: AI traffic in selected airports
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 04:43:49 pm »
Original AFCAD files, or have you installed someone's modified versions?
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

waleed

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2010, 05:39:05 pm »
Bruce, all is original.

waleed

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2010, 07:53:32 am »
I used the ADE airport scanner, and deleted the trafficx files for the specific airports, so the only one showing was that of fsdt for the three airports.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled trafficx whith my antivirus off, but still no traffic.

KJFK,KORD,PHNL seem to be missing AFX files, where the others have them.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 08:05:20 am by waleed »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2010, 10:21:08 am »
Have you checked if you have duplicate traffic.bgl files, instead ?

waleed

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2010, 12:15:09 pm »
Thanks for the reply Umberto.  

I went in and sure enough, I had an extra traffic file for RKSI.   ::)
I received it for the fs9 version as there is no traffic there whatsoever, and thought that it would work for FSX. I just removed it and all is well again.
Three days of trying to figure things out, solved by one question from you.  ;D

Thanks for the help.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 12:30:43 pm by waleed »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2010, 12:34:02 pm »
I deleted the ones from TrafficX for the sceneries, and that is how I found out that the AFX files were missing.

Just check that you deleted only the files from Traffic X and not the ones coming from our scenery. I'm not sure what you are saying with "AFX files missing". We certainly haven't missed any file, if you just install the scenery with its own installer.

Note that, there's no such thing as an "AFX file". They are all .BGL files, and a .BGL that contains Airport data like parking spots, is commonly known as an AFCAD, which is not an entirely correct term, since it's the name of the most popular utility to open them. In any case, how the file is named is entirely irrelevant, it's the content that matters. We named the AFCAD for PHNL "AP_PHNL.BGL" in FSX and "AF9_PHNL.BGL" in FS9, others named it AFX_xxxxx.BGL, perhaps to indicate they were made with the AFX program, but that's it, you shouldn't assume an AFX file is missing, just because you don't see anything named AFX...

The only traffic.bgl files I see are located in Scenery/world/scenery, and they do not include the airports I have issues with.  Should I look somewhere else?

The traffic.bgl file doesn't "include" a specific airport: it's the *schedule* database, that tells which airplane goes from A to B, at which times of the day and/or days of the week.

I've asked you to check if you had multiple traffic.bgl files, and it seems so, considering you used the plural term. Depending how they are made, there might be problems with disappearing traffic, if you have duplicate traffic.bgl files, I think this happens if there's a mix between FSX-native and FS9 versions under FSX, but I'm not 100% sure.

In any case, try to use a single traffic.bgl file, which should be the one that comes with the AI traffic package you use (My Traffic ?), since you need that file, in order to reference the addons AI models, otherwise the default traffic.bgl will only call default traffic.

waleed

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2010, 01:04:39 pm »
Sorry Umberto, but I found the issue and edited the post you replied to above.

It was, as you said an extra (fs9) traffic.bgl file I used for RKSI.  Once I removed it all went back to normal.

Thanks for your help as always.