Author Topic: waiting for action - close service doors  (Read 650 times)

dresoccer4

waiting for action - close service doors
« on: May 07, 2023, 12:40:36 am »
Quick question, is there a way to stop the constant pop up of "waiting for action - close service doors". The food truck guy has finished, but I don't want to the truck to leave yet, I'll tell it when it's ready. So would like to disable the popup from continuing.

Thanks for any help

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: waiting for action - close service doors
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2023, 12:08:55 pm »
First, I suggest reading the manual, because from the questions you are making, it seems you haven't.

Normally, GSX will automatically open/close doors but only if some conditions are satisfied:

- The airplane must be supported by GSX, either internally, or with a custom profile.

- If the airplane uses standard door events, the only requirement is the airplane profile has the doors correctly associated to the correct events.

While you can be sure the internal database is correct, we cannot obviously know what whoever made an airplane profile decided to do. Some users WANT to have to operate the door themselves ( which is how GSX always worked in FSX/P3D ), so it might be possible the door event in a custom profile might have been purposely not being set.

- If the airplane uses custom door events, not only it MUST be internally supported, but we would need to create custom door automation for it, and this cannot be done with a user-made airplane profile. An example of a custom handling is the PMDG 737, for which we had to code door automation using the PMDG SDK info.

In ALL cases, if you are dealing with an airplane without a profile at all, if you don't want to figure it out the airplane door events, you can just specify the door doesn't have any checks, so the services will perform without waiting for the door status.