Author Topic: Jetway exclusions and Addons Linker  (Read 714 times)

ibeam

Jetway exclusions and Addons Linker
« on: May 03, 2023, 06:17:15 pm »
I utilize the Addon Linker freeware.  I have it selected all my third party airports.  I see the link to all these airports in my Community folder. 

Question:  Should I expect the FSDT Settings Exclude 3rdparty function to work with these links?  Currently it does not seem to do so.

Thank you

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Jetway exclusions and Addons Linker
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2023, 01:39:54 pm »
Should I expect the FSDT Settings Exclude 3rdparty function to work with these links?  Currently it does not seem to do so.

Of course it will work, Symbolic links are transparent to an application. The reason why a 3rd party scenery is not automatically detected by the "Exclude 3rd party" button is not because it's linked but, most likely, because its package name doesn't conform to the official MS naming convention for packages.

Quoting from the manual, Page 7:

In order to be successfully recognized, airport packages must use the standard MSFS naming convention developer-airport-icao-name.

Airports that don't match this standard ( typical for freeware ), must be added manually by ICAO code to the Disabled list.

ibeam

Re: Jetway exclusions and Addons Linker
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2023, 06:36:45 pm »
Thank you very much for your response, I should have realized and reviewed the manual prior to posting.  I much appreciated your time.