Author Topic: GSX MSFS hangs on start  (Read 1643 times)

DC10Driver

GSX MSFS hangs on start
« on: April 29, 2023, 02:40:18 am »
Hi Umberto,

I was hoping for some help on determining why GSX will not start in MSFS.  I've attached the log you've requested elsewhere in the hopes you might be able to determine just what the hold up might be.  In the mean time, when I select GSX on the menu bar, a "loading" screen opens and runs continuously.  I've also tried to run the offline installer with the same result.  Any help would be appreciated.

Russ

pete_auau

Re: GSX MSFS hangs on start
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2023, 05:06:22 am »
have  you  tried   restarting the  start  coualt   from  your  desktop as  admin   since  now  after  the  last  update  i  have  to do this  all   the  time  as  before  i  didnt  need  too,  takes  a   extra  step  but  least  its  a  work around

DC10Driver

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2023, 01:44:40 pm »
I have actually.  Thanks for the suggestion though!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2023, 01:47:53 pm »
I was hoping for some help on determining why GSX will not start in MSFS.

Does this means it doesn't start "automatically", but it does if you start it manually ? Because, if it didn't started at all, you won't even be able to see a log so, fact you have one, seems to indicate at least it does start so, please confirm if this is the case, that it does start, but not automatically.

If that's the case, it's a completely different issue than being "stuck on loading", they are completely unrelated issues.

The log you posted didn't show any errors, it simply show you started the sim with the PMDG 737-800, then switched to a C152, went to KSAN, and exited the sim without doing anything else, it's not even clear if you actually arrived at the airport loading screen, or you quit when you still were on the main menu, after selecting KSAN. That's what I can see from the log, so it might be helpful to know exactly how you made it.

DC10Driver

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2023, 11:01:09 pm »
Hi Umberto and thanks for reaching out!  I appreciate the help!  GSX is in the menu bar only.  Once I select it, regardless of what aircraft I'm in, the GSX Main Menu pops up (as I'd expect) and says "Loading GSX Menu, please wait..." with a LOADING circular icon in the middle.  That's as far as I get.  Is there anything else I can post that could help in troubleshooting?

Thanks again for your help!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2023, 11:26:37 pm »
First check this:

s it possible you might have manually copied the whole GSX packages to the Community folder, instead of having Symbolic links to it ?

Doing this will guarantee nothing will work because, the manually copied copy in the Community folder will be left outdated (the FSDT Update only updates the Addon Manager copy ) and will prevent the sim to see the copy that has been updated.  If you did this, manually remove the copies you made in the Community folder, start the installer and click "Relink", so it will create the Symbolic links as it was supposed to.

DC10Driver

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2023, 02:09:01 am »
I didn't do it manually but when searching the community folder I do see two folders from fsdt in there: fsdreamteam-gsx-pro and fsdreamteam-gsx-world-of-jetways.  I assume those are supposed to be in there.  Either way, I didn't put those in manually but I can certainly delete them and try to do a relink.  Or reinstall.  Or whatever it is you think would fix my dilemma. 

pete_auau

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2023, 09:03:56 am »
I didn't do it manually but when searching the community folder I do see two folders from fsdt in there: fsdreamteam-gsx-pro and fsdreamteam-gsx-world-of-jetways.  I assume those are supposed to be in there.  Either way, I didn't put those in manually but I can certainly delete them and try to do a relink.  Or reinstall.  Or whatever it is you think would fix my dilemma.

yep  those  folders  are  what i have  in my  community  folder

DC10Driver

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2023, 03:46:54 am »
Hi Umberto (and anyone else reading)!

I just got to the bottom of this when I read about more folks having this issue.  Umberto, you gave sound advice on another thread just down from this one about the Couatladdons.ini file having been modified incorrectly on the [gsx] line of disable = 1.  It should actually be, per your instructions, disable = 0.  I did NOT modify this file in any way, actually, I didn't know the file existed, but I had a 1 where it should have been a 0.  I just changed the value and my problem has been rectified.  Again, I'm not sure how this value was changed but it certainly was incorrect.  All good now tho! 

Thanks again for all your nice products!  Cannot wait to see the magic you create later on!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2023, 01:57:40 pm »
It should actually be, per your instructions, disable = 0.  I did NOT modify this file in any way, actually, I didn't know the file existed, but I had a 1 where it should have been a 0.  I just changed the value and my problem has been rectified. 

The value might have gone to 0, because you might have disabled it in FSX or P3D, even a long while ago, and forgot about it. Since the [GSX] part of the Couatladdons.ini is shared between all simulators and it's preserved during installations, it might just remained there for when you disabled it in FSX/P3D.

Note that, in FSX/P3D, you could Disable an add-on from its sub-menu under the "Addons" menu of the sim ( the Addons->GSX menu ), so it  was possible to Disable it without realizing it. In MSFS, such menu doesn't exist anymore, so it's very likely the setting stuck from FSX/P3D.