Author Topic: AIG Ai aircraft don’t position correctly.  (Read 1161 times)

Ray Proudfoot

• Cheadle Hulme Weather
AIG Ai aircraft don’t position correctly.
« on: May 03, 2023, 06:26:53 pm »
Hi Umberto, P3D v5.3HF2. I have many different airlines injected into P3D but for some unknown reason they don’t position themselves at the correct parking position. The nose wheel is always several feet forward of the stop position.

I have customised the parking positions using my PMDG 737 so any similar sized Ai should match pretty well. If I use the GSX reposition command my aircraft nose wheel is exactly where it should be. Same if I use the P3D menu to change positions as I’ve edited the AFCAD using ADE.

I’m guessing this variation must be stored in the aircraft.cfg for each Ai model. I can’t think of what else it could be. Any thoughts on how to correct this positioning problem?
Cheers,
Ray.

P3Dv5.3HF2, i9-13900K @ 5.5Ghz, RTX4090, 32Gb RAM, 4Tb Crucial T700 NVMe SSD, BenQ 32” 30Hz monitor at 3840*2160 with VSync.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: AIG Ai aircraft don’t position correctly.
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2023, 07:24:37 pm »
Ray, I do believe that GSX's parking positions are based off of the aircraft preferred exit position rather than the nose wheel. I say preferred exit because some airplanes, like the 747, 757, and 777 might primarily use the L2 door rather than the L1 door. This is explained in the manual on page 43.
Captain Kevin

Ray Proudfoot

• Cheadle Hulme Weather
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2023, 07:40:17 pm »
Ray, I do believe that GSX's parking positions are based off of the aircraft preferred exit position rather than the nose wheel. I say preferred exit because some airplanes, like the 747, 757, and 777 might primarily use the L2 door rather than the L1 door. This is explained in the manual on page 43.

Thanks Kev. I’ll read the manual. But if that is the case why would that be a better solution than using the nose wheel? It’s frustrating when you spend a lot of time aligning everything only for it to be spoilt when Ai don’t park where they should.

It shouldn’t be hard to change this to the nose wheel should it? Makes more sense unless Umberto can explain why his method is best.
Cheers,
Ray.

P3Dv5.3HF2, i9-13900K @ 5.5Ghz, RTX4090, 32Gb RAM, 4Tb Crucial T700 NVMe SSD, BenQ 32” 30Hz monitor at 3840*2160 with VSync.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2023, 09:01:47 pm »
It was outlined in the manual to an extent, but basically, most parking positions have multiple stopping positions to accommodate the various different types of airplanes that could park there. The general idea of said positions is to park the airplane in a manner such that the jetway would be more or less in the same general area when connecting to the door of any airplane of any size. Otherwise, if you went with the nose gear being on one line (there isn't a way to have multiple nose gear stopping positions), the jetway might connect to the door on one airplane fine, but might not reach the door of a different airplane because the door is in a different position relative to the nose gear. Hopefully that made sense.
Captain Kevin

Ray Proudfoot

• Cheadle Hulme Weather
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2023, 09:58:20 pm »
Captain Kev. I understand the logic but not every parking position has a jetway. But every parking position does have a stop position in GSX plus the AFCAD surely dictates where an Ai will be positioned.

What happens when the user doesn’t have GSX? What determines where an aircraft parks then? I’m thinking this is a P3D issue and nothing to do with GSX.
Cheers,
Ray.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2023, 10:10:33 pm »
GSX doesn't do anything with AI traffic, so it would just be using the AFCAD parking positions. I am guessing the "center" of the airplane goes into the center of the parking spot.
Captain Kevin

Ray Proudfoot

• Cheadle Hulme Weather
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2023, 10:57:37 pm »
Seems logical enough. Bit annoying when you try to make parking positions precise based on the nose wheel.
Cheers,
Ray.