Author Topic: AI Aircraft Not Being Automatically Removed At My Gate  (Read 916 times)

jockoflocko

AI Aircraft Not Being Automatically Removed At My Gate
« on: April 29, 2023, 08:05:18 pm »
I am using GSX Pro with the PMDG 737 and FS Traffic (all current versions).  On my last 2 flights, I landed and then pulled up the GSX menu to select my arrival gate.  On both flights, the GSX menu said that the gate I wanted was currently occupied.  I went ahead and selected it anyway, confirmed that I didn't want a Follow Me car, and then taxied to my gate.  But when I got there, the gates were still occupied.  This happened at both a stock airport (KBNA) and an addon airport (IBlue Yonder KDAL).

On page 11 the GSX manual says "GSX will warn you if a parking spot is either too small for your aircraft or is already taken by an AI. However, a big change from previous versions is that will allow you to use it anyway. If it’s already taken by an AI, but you still want to use it, when you select the spot, GSX will just...remove the AI!"

Any tips on getting this to work?  As I said I am using FS Traffic.  Does this also occur with FSLTL?  I haven't tried FSLTL yet, but if it resolves this issue I will have to install it and try it.

Thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: AI Aircraft Not Being Automatically Removed At My Gate
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2023, 01:01:16 pm »
I went ahead and selected it anyway, confirmed that I didn't want a Follow Me car, and then taxied to my gate.  But when I got there, the gates were still occupied.

That's normal. If the gate you want is occupied by an AI, GSX will remove it when you request the gate, but it won't constantly keep it clear from AIs while you are getting there, if the AI program sees that gate as available, it might have generated a new AI by the time you taxi there.

Which is why, the GSX menu that shows up when you taxi, has again the option to remove the AI, to cover precisely this case. The same result can also be obtained by selecting the option to change the parking, and select the same again, so you will be asked again to remove the AI.

jockoflocko

Re: AI Aircraft Not Being Automatically Removed At My Gate
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2023, 03:22:57 pm »
Got it.  Thanks Umberto!