Author Topic: Just purchased and installed GSX Pro for MSFS and caught in some type of loop.  (Read 1278 times)

d_stickman

I just purchased and installed GSX Pro for MSFS earlier today and when I click the GSX button in MSFS I get the GSX loading main menu please wait window and it never does anything after that. All I see is spinning in circles around loading text. Any ideas on how to fix this?

wakevortex

Same issue here, (also brand new install)  but intermittent...fixes itself after restart ... also sometimes just flashes Loading and then goes off

d_stickman

Tried restarting a few times and still having the same issue. I can't use the new software I just found. Any ideas on a fix?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Whenever you have a problem like this, always follow the instructions in the Sticky thread "How to report a problem", and attach your startup log:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26759.0.html

d_stickman

Whenever you have a problem like this, always follow the instructions in the Sticky thread "How to report a problem", and attach your startup log:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26759.0.html

I have included the file requested. Any help would be appreciated as I haven't been able to use this software for a few days now.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
I have included the file requested. Any help would be appreciated as I haven't been able to use this software for a few days now.

Your log shows two problems:

- You have the airport cache enabled, which in the current version is always disabled by default and can only enabled by manually editing the Couatl_MSFS.INI file and explicitly change the line that reads "airportCache=0" that is set by the updater automatically, into "airportCache=1", which goes back to the airport cache method so, unless you have a very specific reason to use it, it's best to disable it, because the default Navdata method is way better.

- The use of the airport cache per se might not be a problem, the real issue is you disabled the WHOLE GSX entirely, see this line in your log:

"Addon GSX has been disabled by CouatlAddons.ini file"

This cannot happen by accident: you must have manually edited the Couatladdons.INI file in %APPDATA% and disabled it explicitly.  Have you possibly disabled it a long while ago, possibly in FSX ? In any case, search for the line that says:

disable = 1

in the [GSX] section of the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatladdons.INI file and change it back to the correct value:

disable = 0

d_stickman

Your log shows two problems:

- You have the airport cache enabled, which in the current version is always disabled by default and can only enabled by manually editing the Couatl_MSFS.INI file and explicitly change the line that reads "airportCache=0" that is set by the updater automatically, into "airportCache=1", which goes back to the airport cache method so, unless you have a very specific reason to use it, it's best to disable it, because the default Navdata method is way better.

- The use of the airport cache per se might not be a problem, the real issue is you disabled the WHOLE GSX entirely, see this line in your log:

"Addon GSX has been disabled by CouatlAddons.ini file"

This cannot happen by accident: you must have manually edited the Couatladdons.INI file in %APPDATA% and disabled it explicitly.  Have you possibly disabled it a long while ago, possibly in FSX ? In any case, search for the line that says:

disable = 1

in the [GSX] section of the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatladdons.INI file and change it back to the correct value:

disable = 0

Everything has been working fine since I did as you suggested. Thanks for the help, really enjoying the product.