Author Topic: GSX toolbar wont start  (Read 1076 times)

tbo

GSX toolbar wont start
« on: April 27, 2023, 12:36:16 pm »
Hi,

When I click on GSX toolbar icon it pop for 1 sec and closes instantly. I'm also using GSX with a streamdeck profile and all the actions on my streamdeck are working fine. So GSX is actually working.
Only the window from toolbar is not staying.

Attached log

Thank you

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX toolbar wont start
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2023, 12:41:02 pm »
First, you are using an unsupported airplanes without having a profile for it, which will never work in GSX. You don't say if this happens with other airplanes too but if it does, is it possible you might have manually copied the whole GSX packages to the Community folder, instead of having Symbolic links to it ?

Doing this will guarantee nothing will work because, the manually copied copy in the Community folder will be left outdated (the FSDT Update only updates the Addon Manager copy ) and will prevent the sim to see the copy that has been updated.  If you did this, manually remove the copies you made in the Community folder, start the installer and click "Relink", so it will create the Symbolic links as it was supposed to.

tbo

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2023, 02:14:48 pm »
- I have also tried with standard plane (A320), same issue. All the planes
- Why would I have copied manually? I just followed installation instructions using your installer and did nothing more. I also tried multiple times uninstall / reinstall.

Thank you

tbo

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2023, 04:45:55 pm »
So I checked community folder and it was not a symbolic links. So I deleted the 2 folders, hit "Relink" as you said. And now it's working.

Thank you very much

Doc_Z

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2023, 10:40:41 pm »
I have similar problem in PMDG 737.. Using Flow, I select GSX, it opens and closes immediately.  The fsdreamsteam GSX Pro in the Community folder is a link.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2023, 10:56:34 pm by Doc_Z »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2023, 08:57:24 am »
So I checked community folder and it was not a symbolic links. So I deleted the 2 folders, hit "Relink" as you said. And now it's working.

Yes, that's one case which will surely cause this problem: if you have a real folder instead of a Symbolic link, the FSDT Updater will keep updating the copy in the Addon Manager that is linked to, but the simulator will only see the other copy in the Community, because it's not a link, it's a real folder, so all the updates in the package folders (which includes the GSX Menu code), won't be used.