Author Topic: GSX Window disappears. Here's my error log file  (Read 1513 times)

ErichB

GSX Window disappears. Here's my error log file
« on: April 25, 2023, 12:30:04 pm »
Hi

I have been having the same issue many seem to be having.  Recently my GSX main window opens briefly and then hides, so I cannot execute any actions.  I have read numerous forum posts on this but to be honest, apart from presenting a log file, I could see no clear resolution.  I attach my error log.  Are you able to assess why this might be happening and the steps I should follow to resolve it.

Thanks
erich

Anders Bermann

Re: GSX Window disappears. Here's my error log file
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2023, 05:34:23 pm »
Have you tried brining the window back with CRTL+SHIFT+F12 ?
Check the top menu. Is GSX Pro active, yet the window is gone? If so, it auto-hides. It can be brought back, using above mentioned 'shortcut'.
Best regards, Anders

ErichB

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2023, 09:28:54 pm »
Yes, I have.  Doesn't work

tbo

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2023, 08:08:59 am »
I have the exact same issue. Can't solve it after many reinstall.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2023, 11:40:32 am »
First thing that looks wrong is: why are you still using the airportCache, when the program should have disabled it by default ? Have you possibly enabled it back manually ? if yes, set it back to 0 in the Couatl_MSFS.ini file, and be sure you run the latest update again.

Also, is it possible you might have manually copied the whole GSX packages to the Community folder, instead of having Symbolic links to it ?

Doing this will guarantee nothing will work because, the manually copied copy in the Community folder will be left outdated (the FSDT Update only updates the Addon Manager copy ) and will prevent the sim to see the copy that has been updated.  If you did this, manually remove the copies you made in the Community folder, start the installer and click "Relink", so it will create the Symbolic links as it was supposed to.

ErichB

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2023, 03:53:59 pm »
I'll try this tonight, thanks

ErichB

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2023, 10:40:37 pm »
It works now.  Thank-you