Author Topic: PAX "Shadows and blurry"  (Read 1415 times)

Ursli80

PAX "Shadows and blurry"
« on: April 20, 2023, 09:26:38 pm »
Hello everyone,

I have a PAX problem. 
I'm not sure if it comes from GSX though. 

The PAX look like shadows and blurry.

They also walk in below the gate.  It is the standard LSZH airport.

http://UrsRoth.quickconnect.to/mo/sharing/TWtAZ9RMU

Best regards
Urs
MSFS2020
Prosim737

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: PAX "Shadows and blurry"
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2023, 11:20:09 am »
Not a GSX problem, of course. It's a side effect of any temporal based antialiasing system ( TAA, DLSS, etc. ), which happens with everything that moves.

Ursli80

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2023, 11:27:05 am »
Not a GSX problem, of course. It's a side effect of any temporal based antialiasing system ( TAA, DLSS, etc. ), which happens with everything that moves.

Hello,

that's what I was thinking, unfortunately. Do you have an idea/solution as to what should be set?  I have the same settings as a colleague (TAA) but he doesn't have it. 
The difference between us is that he has a TV and I use a projector.

Best regards
Urs
MSFS2020
Prosim737

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2023, 11:35:49 am »

Projector is probably more visible, both because the image is bigger, but also because it might have more persistence, especially if it's a DLP with a rotating color wheel. It would probably best not to use temporal antialiasing methods in your case.

Ursli80

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2023, 01:10:21 pm »

Projector is probably more visible, both because the image is bigger, but also because it might have more persistence, especially if it's a DLP with a rotating color wheel. It would probably best not to use temporal antialiasing methods in your case.

Great, many thanks for the tip and help.

Best regards
Urs
MSFS2020
Prosim737

Ursli80

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2023, 01:42:24 pm »
Hello everyone,

i made an interesting discovery about my problem. These "veils" can only be seen in the glass gates of GSX.  As soon as the PAX are on the plane, they are gone. 

Does FSDT have a solution for this?

Best regards
Urs
MSFS2020
Prosim737

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2023, 03:25:07 am »
i made an interesting discovery about my problem. These "veils" can only be seen in the glass gates of GSX. 

That's a very well known limitation of the MSFS graphic engine: multiple transparent objects overlaid are not working very well, it has been reported to Asobo several times, but they say it's not an easy fix, and they suggested to adapt the model to prevent this but, of course, there's no way to create a glass jetway that can be partially retracted, without having multiple sheets of glass on top of each other ( the different sections of the tunnels ), that's how a jetway is.

Ursli80

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2023, 09:00:39 am »
i made an interesting discovery about my problem. These "veils" can only be seen in the glass gates of GSX. 

That's a very well known limitation of the MSFS graphic engine: multiple transparent objects overlaid are not working very well, it has been reported to Asobo several times, but they say it's not an easy fix, and they suggested to adapt the model to prevent this but, of course, there's no way to create a glass jetway that can be partially retracted, without having multiple sheets of glass on top of each other ( the different sections of the tunnels ), that's how a jetway is.

Hello Virtuali,

many thanks for your answer and clarification. 
Then we have to live with it for the time being.  Let's see what the future brings. 

Thanks for the support.

Best regards
Urs
MSFS2020
Prosim737

gullman

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2023, 10:42:46 am »
Hello Ursi,
i had same problem in my default LSZH scenery. I did this:
1/. GSX configuration i checked what kind of airport are excluded from 3rd party jetways
2/. Put LZSH back to list and override LSZH by GSX jetways and checked lightmodel jetway or sth like that in config tool.
3/ Restarted sim and went back to LSZH with GSX jetways - problem gone :)