Author Topic: Couatl64 not working after flight  (Read 666 times)

kev649

Couatl64 not working after flight
« on: April 18, 2023, 07:38:25 pm »
Hi Umberto

Strange problem that i'm currently having, when i spawn into an airport to get ready for a flight, i click on GSX and the menu opens and everything works fine.
The problem comes at the end of the flight, after landing i taxi to the gate then shutdown engines, i then click on GSX and the menu box opens but has the spinning progress wheel continually going around and consequently the menu does not appear. If i then go to the start menu of windows and click on Couatl64 to run it then after a few seconds the menu appears. This is fine but i'm wondering why Couatl64 should need restarting at the end of a flight, also sometimes when i click to restart Couatl64 then the whole sim shuts down instantly.

Any help would be appreciated

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Couatl64 not working after flight
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2023, 01:21:40 am »
Have you installed today's update ?

No, you don't have to restart and the program is not supposed to quit.

And, most importantly, restarting Couatl cannot cause the sim to crash. That might be an indication of another problem entirely, which can likely be the cause of the program crashing in the first place and the sim as well, and it's likely having exhausted the maximum number of objects in the sim, which can cause Simconnect become erratic, object disappearing and the simulator possibly crashing upon a new connection. Most common cause for this is using AI traffic, especially with Injection, but with very dense airport, it can happen even without it.