Author Topic: ADE Modifications Reversing GSX Jetway Replacement  (Read 1205 times)

pingponggame

ADE Modifications Reversing GSX Jetway Replacement
« on: April 09, 2023, 04:38:04 am »
Good evening,

I am not new to Flight Simulator -- but I am making a comeback after a 14-year hiatus.

I have recently picked up msfs, gsx, and ade in an attempt to get back into modding, and have found an interesting issue. This may have been talked about previously, but I did not find anything relating specific to my issue in the manual, on these forums, or on the internet -- so please forgive me if this has been a topic prior that I missed.

I have started a project in ADE using the stock KGEG scenery. I have only added parking codes to existing gates and changed a couple gate locations to better match what we see in real life. I have zero purchases from the MS store.

Prior to making these edits in ADE -- KGEG's jetways were using the GSX jetways and looked fine. Since, they have defaulted back to the original ms jetways -- despite reflecting the changes I made in game.

I checked other airports in the game and GSX works fine at every airport I checked, so it is isolated to the changes I made at KGEG. ADE created a .bgl which was sent to my community folder. I was able to get that .bgl enabled in the fstl module, but the problem persists. There is probably a level of ignorance on my part due to my inexperience with ADE, and how long it has been since I've been active in the community.

Any ideas of things to try?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2023, 04:39:45 am by pingponggame »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: ADE Modifications Reversing GSX Jetway Replacement
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2023, 12:37:57 am »
How's your package called ? The issue might just be your package gets loaded after the fsdreamteam-gsx-worldofjetways package, which means if it contains Exclusions, it might be excluding GSX replacement .BGL file. So, be sure you are not excluding jetways in your exclusion rectangles.

You can use a different approach altogether: Disable the GSX Jetway replacement file, and use GSX Jetways directly in yours! This way, you are free to change/rename/remove/add parking spots, which you can't normally do if you want to use the normal GSX Jetway replacement file, which must be based on the positions of the default scenery.

pingponggame

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2023, 12:18:46 am »
Hi Umberto,

The naming trick did bring the GSX jetways back to my altered scenery; however, option two sounds much more like what I'm going for. Is it as simple as adding the GSX jetways as a library object in ADE? Or is there a more complicated course you're referring to that I will need to take?

Again, forgive my ignorance on the matter. I've seen the GSX of older sims where specific jetway placement within the GSX menu (in-game) was possible. I have also read, unfortunately, that SODE is not supported in this game currently and has brought complications to that feature. The disappointment.

This scenery is for my own personal use, btw. Most especially since it's using GSX assets. Figured I'd make that clear.

Thank you again for your assistance.  :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2023, 10:06:55 am »
Is it as simple as adding the GSX jetways as a library object in ADE? Or is there a more complicated course you're referring to that I will need to take?

I never used that method in ADE, assuming it allows you to freely choose any Jetway Simobjects from the installed ones, it should work. It might be easier to just use the MSFS own DevMode, so you can place it visually, in the context of the whole airport.

This scenery is for my own personal use, btw. Most especially since it's using GSX assets. Figured I'd make that clear.

We have nothing against releasing sceneries that use GSX assets, as long you don't release the assets themselves, but simply make a note the scenery requires GSX, at least to alert other users that don't have GSX wondering why they don't see jetways...

pingponggame

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2023, 04:42:58 am »
Hi Umberto,

MS Devmode and the GSX jetways worked perfectly (project built and looks just the way i envisioned -- except for the part regarding them working. Either user or AI, though AI is the primary focus. They connect into the default/replacement jetways no problem. I'm assuming there is some small detail I must have missed regarding their manual placement. Does simconnect have something to do with it?

I appreciate the guidance. I'll be on my way here soon enough.

Tim

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2023, 09:03:59 am »
GSX jetways are just like standard jetways, so they should work normally. They have more realistic constraints compared to the default model, for example we don't allow the jetway head to "bank" which doesn't happen in real life, but it might help solving the jetway more easily, which means you might need to play with their positioning.

Try to use GSX editor and move around the Stop position, then use the Test (NumPad5 while editing the parking or the Stop position) to see if they work from there.