Author Topic: The Lost Boy  (Read 755 times)

Turok144

The Lost Boy
« on: April 16, 2023, 06:11:08 pm »
Hello Virtuali.  It's been a while since I last visited.  Sorry but I have not read all the threads since my last visit.  Anyway I wanted to report a bug. I did not take any screen shots but I'm not joking, even though the thread title pokes a little fun.

I installed the last FSDT update prior to today's update.  After landing and parking my PMDG 737-800 aircraft. I initiated the command to deboard passengers.  The jetway connected perfectly, but all the passengers exited from the top of the aircraft and began to walk away from the jetway, down to the wing, and unto the tarmac.  The small boy was leading the passengers which walked at a far distance from the boy.

They continued to walk away from the passenger terminal, across the taxiway, across two runways, through some buildings, an into the town next to the airport.  I followed the boy into the town, it was really quite humorous as it reminded me of a boy that was wandering the streets by himself in a lost state.  The rest of the passengers continued to follow the boy but at a further distance.  What I thought was strange is that the all the passengers never terminated their walk as it terminates after a certain distance from the jetway.

If it happens again, I'll be sure to include more details as to which airport, parking designation etc.

I installed the latest FSDT update just now.

Cheers!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: The Lost Boy
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2023, 09:25:00 am »
It doesn't seem you have the latest update because:

- The problem you are having is GSX getting bad data about jetways from Simconnect, which might happen for several reasons, already explained in other posts, for example here:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,29748.msg192754.html#msg192754

Whatever the reason for getting bad data, the result is usually passengers try to walk to a location in the middle of the Atlantic ( 0,0 ), but this only happened before the latest updates.

Now, whenever the jetway data looks incorrect ( the reported jetway distance from your position is too high to be reasonable ), for any reason, GSX will display a message and won't show any passengers.

So, it seems you don't have the latest update, which might be caused by your local cloudflare node still not updated with the latest files, which is why we have an Offline installer to cover this case so, try that one first:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26826.0.html

Turok144

Re: The Lost Boy
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2023, 04:08:59 am »
Great, will check the update version.

Thank you. Much appreciated. 👍