Author Topic: GSX Does not start  (Read 650 times)

camilocarreno

GSX Does not start
« on: April 15, 2023, 11:36:16 pm »
When I start a flight GSX is not starting anymore as soon as the plane is rendered in the screen, and when I click on the GSX menu, the menu displays for less than a second and then disappears.  I recently moved MSFS main folder from C: to D: drive but the community folder is still located in C: that's when I started having issues, I read other answers and there was guidance to update GSX using a standalone installer and not the live updater, I did that but my issue wasn't fix and I'm still unable to load GSX.  find my log attacher. Thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Does not start
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2023, 10:15:30 am »
I see from your log the community has been detected correctly by GSX.

The most important thing is you DO NOT manually copy the two GSX packages in the Community, they must be Symbolic links, which is how the installer creates them.

Another user made the same mistake of copy the files manually to the Community, resulting in the real folders in the Community preventing the simulator to see the updated version, since the FSDT Live Updater will only work on the Addon Manager folder version, but if that one is not linked and you have "real" folders in the Community instead, the sim will only see a forever outdated GSX version, because they are not links.

So, the first thing to check is if the two GSX packages in the Community folders are Shortcuts. If they aren't, and are instead real folders, you must remove them and then go to in the FSDT Installer, which will likely report GSX Pro as "Unlinked", click the "Relink" button, so the proper shortcuts will be created, returning to the normal situation.

camilocarreno

Re: GSX Does not start
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2023, 07:40:28 pm »
Hi Umberto,

I did what you asked and removed the 2 GSX folders from the Community folder, after doing this, I opened the FSDT installer, and when I hit the Relink button as instructed, I got an alert with the following message: "Your EXE.XML file in C:\Users\camil\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache is corrupted, so it won't be modified by this installer"

However after I accepted the message, GSX started working again.  I'm wondering about the file mentioned in the message but so far it doesn't seem to have affected GSX, I flew from KJFK to KBOS and GSX behaved correctly