Author Topic: AVG 9 & Bglman  (Read 3167 times)

christiaan

AVG 9 & Bglman
« on: April 04, 2010, 11:00:51 pm »
I am going to download PHNL FS9 on my Win XP. I have most of FSDT sceneries along with EHAM & KLAX from Cloud 9.

My AVG 9 Resident Shield is already set to exclude the Modules. Do I need to exclude my file where my downloads go to before installing or leave it as it is. The Heuristic auto heal box is ticked off.

My bglman.dll is version 1.0.0.6.2, will installing PHNL give any problems with the other FSDT & Cloud 9 sceneries.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: AVG 9 & Bglman
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 11:54:51 pm »
Generally, turning off any option to "auto-heal" is good, because even if the antivirus is wrongly identifying a file as a threat, it will at least WARN you and let you decide what to do.

Instead, is not a good idea to permanently turn off scanning your Downloads folder or your Temporary folder, because these are the places where real viruses are usually found.

If the antivirus is still creating issues, is much better to temporarily turn it off entirely, only when *installing*, then turn it back on, with the aforementioned exclusions inside Flight sim enabled, before launching Flight sim.