Author Topic: Jetway doesn't dock after second flight  (Read 1153 times)

Eddf18

Jetway doesn't dock after second flight
« on: October 14, 2023, 05:34:59 pm »
Hello,

First of all: i know, that GSX is not controlling the Jetways in the Microsoft flight simulator, as the simulator itself is handling the Jetway operation. However, as you have a lot of experience, you might know my problem and know a solution. The problem is the following:

When flying rotations with multiple legs, like EDDM-EDDH-EDDM, the Jetway won't connect after the second flight. I know for sure that it generally works, as the same stands have been used in Munich. The scenery I'm using for Munich is the one of Aerosoft. The problem also occurs at other 3rd party Airports, always after the second flight. Furthermore it occurs with the Fenix A320 as well as the PMDG 737 series. I think important to mention is that the flights are being performed in one session without switching back to the menu.

Do you know what could cause my problem and how to solve it? Do i need to exit and load a new flight every time?

Thank you for your support.

Best regards,

Alex

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Jetway doesn't dock after second flight
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2023, 11:59:41 am »
The first thing to check would be: does the jetway works in the same situation, if you call it from the default "Ground Service" menu of the ATC menu ?

DiscoStu

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2023, 07:59:13 pm »
I have the same issue and I can confirm that the jetway can be connected and disconnected through the ATC->Ground Services menu when at the gate ready for deboarding after the 2nd leg (round trip).  I also tried restarting and exiting/starting Couatl and the jetway still doesn't connect when I request deboarding.  Interestingly I also do not see any passengers deboarding but I hear their footsteps as if they are deboarding.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2023, 08:03:23 pm by mmsys »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2023, 12:13:01 pm »
Interestingly I also do not see any passengers deboarding but I hear their footsteps as if they are deboarding.

This explains it.

You reached the maximum number of Simobjects, which in addition to cause disappearing objects, will also cause Simconnect stop responding to request, so GSX couldn't get the data about the jetway, and failed to trigger it because it either didn't get the jetway information at all, or the sim just ignored the command to toggle the jetway, which is also sent through Simconnect, which is the only way we can communicate with the simulator.

The default ATC menu doesn't use Simconnect to operate the jetway, so it's not affected it by Simconnect being disrupted by the too high number of objects having been reached.

DiscoStu

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2023, 12:55:29 am »
I appreciate the explanation Umberto! Thanks.  It's not a big problem for me anyway...I can still use the default jetway option on a round trip flight :)