Author Topic: Customized parking position not loaded on startup  (Read 1122 times)

Itep

Customized parking position not loaded on startup
« on: April 12, 2023, 09:17:01 pm »
Hi

I have the problem that no customized parking position is loaded on startup.
Airport: LEBL (Barcelona) from LatinVFR.
When I choose "customize parking" they are all placed in the right position.

Everything else works fine.

Thx for advise!

P.S. I have this problem with the gates 214, 234 and 410
« Last Edit: April 12, 2023, 10:32:00 pm by Itep »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Customized parking position not loaded on startup
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2023, 01:34:24 am »
I have the problem that no customized parking position is loaded on startup.

If with "startup", you mean when you start a flight there from the Main Menu, it's not a problem, is completely normal, because when you start a flight, the vehicles you see are NOT the "real" GSX vehicles ( those will only appear after you call GSX ), they look like GSX vehicles, because their models have been replaced by GSX, but they are default Ground Vehicles, which are placed by the simulator according to their own rules, not by GSX.

When you start GSX and choose a service, those vehicles will be replaced by proper GSX vehicles, which will use GSX rules, including your customization.

Itep

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2023, 05:11:57 am »
Hi, thanks for your answer. But this is not the problem. It is not about the GSX vehicles.
It's right I am starting a new flight. So I will find myself at the chosen gate. What my problem is, is that the airplane is not at the customized position (as you can see on my pictures). Only after I choose from the GSX menu "customize parking" the plane will be put in the right position. That means the customized airplane position is saved in the ini-file, but the position is not loaded automatically. Like for example the SafeDockTS42 or the walkers, they are loaded automatically without calling the GSX menu again. And I have this problem on every gate where I customize the airplane position. Last night I customized the airplane position in LSZH gate A 10, same story.
I hope that explains it better.

JetMech383

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2023, 05:38:40 pm »
When I spawn in at the gate and the aircraft is not at my customized point, I hit reposition aircraft and select the same gate. It will tell you its being occupied but select it anyway. After I do that, I noticed the aircraft moves to my saved parking position.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2023, 06:27:26 pm »
What my problem is, is that the airplane is not at the customized position (as you can see on my pictures). Only after I choose from the GSX menu "customize parking" the plane will be put in the right position.

That's exactly the same issue, just applied to your airplane. When you start a flight from the Main Menu, it's the *simulator* that is positioning the airplane, not GSX. The sim doesn't know anything about the custom Stop position you set in GSX, so it will continue to start a flight based on its own logic.

The Stop position is only valid after GSX is being started, that's why there's a "Reposition aircraft" option, with the first option meaning "Reposition here".

Itep

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2023, 07:10:37 pm »
Okay now I got it!  8)
Thanks to both of you!  :)
And I have learned something new.
I just love this tool!
Have a nice weekend.