Author Topic: GSX couatl Error **SOLVED**  (Read 4506 times)

dawgfan58

Re: Coautl Error
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2023, 07:52:42 pm »
I'm getting the same issue after updating. Is there a way to rollback to the previous version prior to the update?

StefanA

« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2023, 08:12:21 pm »
Seems to be solved now. I've to check, but I could deboard a PMDG B747-400 V3. Found new files with today's timestamp of approximately 3:30 PM in folder with affected deboarding/boarding services.

But there's still nothing official by FSDT which I found. Have to check a bit more, because I did it from inside the plane now and it failed always from outside view.

StefanA

« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2023, 08:15:08 pm »
I'm getting the same issue after updating. Is there a way to rollback to the previous version prior to the update?

I tried it and failed several times. I don't want to deactivate/activate the licenses anymore, because I'm not sure if it will be locked then. Just try a new update, I think it works now. But have to check it in different situations and planes.

StefanA

« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2023, 08:24:52 pm »
No, unfortunately not. It was only one success for deboarding. Boarding failed again.

FSDT: Please inform the community how to downgrade to last known good with a fresh installation. Backup doesn't help, because I can't reactivate the old version out of a backup on my new PC. Old addon manager seems unable to contact the registration server.

Rkjflightlover

« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2023, 08:45:13 pm »
It looks like the issue is more linked to the aircraft than airport. I have tested my aircraft (qw) 787 both doha, and durban south africa the issue still exists. Gsx menu does load up when I request deboarding it works for like 30 seconds and then gsx crashes. but the moment i request boarding it crashes immediately

StefanA

« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2023, 09:35:00 pm »
It looks like the issue is more linked to the aircraft than airport. I have tested my aircraft (qw) 787 both doha, and durban south africa the issue still exists. Gsx menu does load up when I request deboarding it works for like 30 seconds and then gsx crashes. but the moment i request boarding it crashes immediately

It depends on boarding/deboarding. I tried it with Level1 B767-300 and PMDG B747-400 V3. Unfortunately I'm currently installing a new PC where I need new activation files. It didn't work to restore the old folders from my former high end system and activate GSX and other FSDT because the old Addon Manager doesn't get a server connection for activation. That really sucks because I can't continue the next steps without running FSX and backup of it.

Later I'll check it with a PMDG B737-800.

And I'm disappointed because I knew the FSDT support as very fast and especially this seems to be a common issue on a lot of systems installed this update. I would appreciate to get an information that a fix is in progress and the opportunity to downgrade to last known good.

I'm running a WSUS to avoid Microsoft update enforcement to damage my installations. That's a bad policy to proceed like this. Everyone should decide himself, if he wants to use a former version to avoid exactly such situations. That's testing at the customer.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2023, 09:41:13 pm by StefanA »

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2023, 10:26:06 pm »
I realize this would be too late, but in the future, the best thing to do would be to back up your Add-on Manager folder before updating. That way, if something goes wrong, you can just put it back. Obviously that won't help you now, but just for your information.
Captain Kevin

dkreiskott

« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2023, 10:40:40 pm »
I have a Backup, it doesn't solve the Problem!

StefanA

« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2023, 11:05:29 pm »
I have a Backup, it doesn't solve the Problem!

I have backups from my substituted PC. The problem is, that it just happened as I was transforming everything from PC old to PC new this week. I've two methods of backups:

Synology Active Backup for Business:
+ very fast backup and restore.
+ deduplicating reduces a lot of space for 3 computers for example.
- bad overview because FR won't be realized to have a text field with manual descriptions.
- restore in smaller partitions not possible although the space would be enough. Lot of trouble to get this to work.
- disaster recovery of backup is very tricky and difficult because of the storage formats.

WHS-V1 (yes exactly that):
+ moved into a Virtual Box appliance which runs on every hardware without that stupid entire reinstallation after disk change.
+ very user friendly with text field to describe what's in a backup.
+ very reliable. Recover in smaller partition as long as the space is enough for the restore.
+ perfect backup of backup. Just copy the folders to another disk and restore in case of damage.
- recover disk with outdatged driver only. But I created a bootstick with Win10 and the connector. Will work with all new drivers.
- Trouble with > Win 10-2004 initial installation. Update to new releases isn't a problem until now. But I freezed at Win 10-22H2.

NO, I have backups for it. But this is a new hardware, where I need a new activation and this enforces the newest installation version. At least I didn't find a way to install the old versions although I've the old installation files.

I did a last backup just before shutting down the old PC and I restored the most settings after installing all the add-ons on the new PC out of this backup. Except FSDT. I saved a lot of time with this way, because all SODE settings, gate settings, airport special settings were back with a small amount of robocopy commands.

The most time I spent, was this trouble because I first thought it is because of the new hardware and fresh OS installation with Win 10 2004, which will be updated as last step of transformation.

Hopefully it will be fixed soon. I've lot of other software to install and I don't want to get a mess in the backups/snapshots between those installations, because I've an GSX error in all versions and must repair all at the end.

StefanA

« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2023, 11:19:49 pm »
I found an offline installer in a similar situation of former updates. I'm currently taking a backup to save my work, because I adjusted a lot of gates at LEPA and TNCM. If it is finished I'll try to downgrade to 3rd April version if I understood the FSDT post about this topic.
Just search for OFFLINE INSTALLER.

Hiroaki Itoh

« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2023, 01:42:58 am »
I have same trouble. Cargo and passenger aircraft always.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2023, 02:02:56 am »
The problem has been fixed in today's update:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/couatl_liveupdate_notes.html

GSX (FSX/P3D) Fix: Error when loading ULD containers.

paullaveault

Re: GSX couatl Error **SOLVED**
« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2023, 11:49:15 am »
Thank you for your fast response to the problem.