Author Topic: Can't connect to SimBrief  (Read 3529 times)

muratokay

Can't connect to SimBrief
« on: April 12, 2023, 04:48:16 pm »
I recently began having trouble connecting to SimBrief. It says Can't connect to SımBrief at the bottom section of the GSX Menu toolbar. When I click Reload SimBrief button, "SIMBRIEF ERROR EXCEPTION1 = %D FORMAT: A NUMBER IS REQUIRED, NOT UNICODE" message appears on top left corner of the screen.

Can you please help?

pete_auau

Re: Can't connect to SimBrief
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2023, 06:45:51 am »
go back to simbrief it  self  edit  flight   and  generate   the  flight  again  i  usually  start  the  sim  first  but i  dont  load  to airport,  than i  enter  simbrief  details   and  generate flight  plan   than  go back to msfs and  gto  to  airport

andreatat699

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2023, 10:10:41 am »
I have the same error ... never happend before ( while using FENIX )

e4logics

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2023, 02:38:11 pm »
Yes I have same problem. Not just FENIX. It is only GSX Pro. Other mods connect to simbrief. I reinstall GSX pro and now the menu just spins on loading.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2023, 12:54:35 am »
I recently began having trouble connecting to SimBrief. It says Can't connect to SımBrief at the bottom section of the GSX Menu toolbar. When I click Reload SimBrief button, "SIMBRIEF ERROR EXCEPTION1 = %D FORMAT: A NUMBER IS REQUIRED, NOT UNICODE" message appears on top left corner of the screen.

It doesn't seem you have the current update, because that error has been fixed in 2.4.5, released April 3rd.

andreatat699

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2023, 08:18:02 am »
I have updated to 2.5.o and now is fine !!

mjchernis

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2023, 12:17:04 am »
This was working for a while.  Having the problem again with 2.70.   Airport/aircraft don't seem to matter.   Aircraft (Fenix, PMDG) are able to connect to simbrief and properly retrieve plan.   Checked simbrief alias and made sure there was a recent flightplan generated at that airport.

Any other ideas?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2023, 10:21:48 am »
  Having the problem again with 2.70

Do you mean you are having the same problem as the OP ? The error  "SIMBRIEF ERROR EXCEPTION1 = %D FORMAT: A NUMBER IS REQUIRED, NOT UNICODE". Because, this is what this thread is about, and has been fixed in 2.5.0.

If you have another error, please clarify exactly the text of the  error.

omerc3009

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2023, 02:56:59 pm »
  Having the problem again with 2.70

If you have another error, please clarify exactly the text of the  error.

I'm having SIMBRIEF ERROR EXCEPTION1 = HTTP RESPONSE CODE SAID ERROR with version 2.7.3.
Never had it before.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2023, 02:59:10 pm by omerc3009 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2023, 02:24:58 pm »
I'm having SIMBRIEF ERROR EXCEPTION1 = HTTP RESPONSE CODE SAID ERROR with version 2.7.3.

So no, you don't have the same error of the OP (SIMBRIEF ERROR EXCEPTION1 = %D FORMAT: A NUMBER IS REQUIRED, NOT UNICODE"), which as I've said was fixed in 2.5.0.

I can only confirm there are no issues whatsoever with GSX and Simbrief now, see the attached screenshot I just made now as a test so, the problem is on your side so, just be sure of the following:

- Your Simbrief Alias is correct. This is NOT your Pilot ID ( numeric ), it's the name/alias. The Pilot ID won't work.

- Your flightplan hasn't expired. The last generated flight expires after some time, then is not accessible anymore, until you take it from the saved flight plans and generate it again.

- Your firewall or antivirus is not blocking outside connections made by GSX ( the Couatl_MSFS.exe engine, most likely ), which is the most likely cause if you are 100% sure of the previous two points.