Author Topic: CRJ Doors - Automatic Opening  (Read 768 times)

airbumps

CRJ Doors - Automatic Opening
« on: April 11, 2023, 06:38:19 am »
Hi Guys,

I note with the PMDG 737 that GSX automatically triggers the doors to open when delivering services (baggage, pax etc). This does not happen with the Aerosoft CRJ which requires me to manually open doors when GSX prompts me too.

Can I confirm that this is because there is no way for GSX to open the doors of the CRJ automatically? I'm guessing with the PMDG that the doors can be triggered via key presses on the FMC and thats how GSX is automatically opening doors?

Cheers,

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: CRJ Doors - Automatic Opening
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2023, 11:03:42 pm »
Automatic door works only for:

- Airplanes (default or 3rd party ) that use standard variables and events for doors, which have a profile in GSX sets correctly

- 3rd party Airplanes with custom doors variables/events for which we have explicitly wrote custom code to handle automatic opening. That's PMDG case, which was easier, since the PMDG has a published SDK that allows that.

So, you should consider the special handling for PMDG as an exception, rather than the rule. Usually, it's airplane developers that do that on their own and, by default, GSX always required to open doors manually, automatic opening was added basically because default airplanes in MSFS don't have any ways for the user to open their doors.

airbumps

Re: CRJ Doors - Automatic Opening
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2023, 04:56:00 am »
Thanks Umberto, makes sense.