Author Topic: GSX does not start from the FS2020 top menu  (Read 812 times)

schiphol104

GSX does not start from the FS2020 top menu
« on: April 13, 2023, 10:42:33 pm »
I only get the menu window for 1 sec, and than it disappears. No menu in the window. I deleted the program via the installer. Installed it again and had to submit ter licency code as to activate the program.
No solution. Nothing changed. Do i have to send you the special requested file? My fs2020 is on my D-drive and windows 11 on C. Does that matter?

Tried to make this Couatl.LOG file but without succes. I put the notepad to C drive-user-user-APPDATA-Roaming-Virtuali  Another virtuali file I could not find. Please help?

In the meantime after approx an hour situation changed. The menu windows stays on screen, but the GSX menu keeps loading but does not appear.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2023, 12:24:55 am by schiphol104 »

Abass

Re: GSX does not start from the FS2020 top menu
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2023, 12:30:50 am »
I’m having this same issue!! I did a clean uninstall and reinstalled everything. When I get to the sim in plane a click gsx just keeps staying on loading screen. I’ve just about tried everything. I’ve had for a couple of weeks and almost want a refund lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Abass

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2023, 09:49:44 pm »
Same here man!!! I bought it over a month ago and not once have I been able to use it. I’m like at this point a refund!!!!

Ursli80

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2023, 10:24:50 pm »
Parking brake applied?
MSFS2020
Prosim737

schiphol104

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2023, 12:11:03 am »
YES, Parking brake applied.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2023, 12:36:00 am »
Please read this post here, because I had an user with exactly the same issue, and the cause was that he manually copied the gsx packages from the Addon Manager folder to the Community folder.

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,29699.msg192727.html#msg192727

The relevant part is this one:

I'm asking this because, a few days ago, I spent so much time troubleshooting a problem that seemed impossible, only to find out the user decided it was a good idea to manually copy the whole fsdreamteam-gsx-pro from the Addon Manager to the Community folder, so HE created a big mess because:

1) the real folder in the Community what was the only thing the simulator used but, since the FSDT Update works only on the package in the Addon Manager (because you are supposed to have a shortcut to there, not a real folder! ), he had the sim running an outdated version, because the one that got updated wasn't used by the sim, because of the folder in Community not being a shortcut, just an outdated copy.

2) the program *code* that runs in the Addon Manager WAS the latest version, but it had to run with outdated packages, and that was the real cause of the mess because, while having "just" an outdated version might not be a problem, the real problem is when you have half product updated ( the code in the Addon Manager folder ) and half of it outdated, the copy he made manually as a real folder instead of a shortcut.

Other than that, the usual suggestion in case the program doesn't start:

- Configure the antivirus and add the whole Addon Manager folder to the Antivirus EXCLUSIONS

- Run the FSDT Live Update again, after you do the above.