Author Topic: VGDS on turnaround  (Read 1022 times)

Keight

VGDS on turnaround
« on: April 18, 2023, 02:47:19 pm »
Hi. How to make the VGDS to display info for the next sector on a turnaround?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: VGDS on turnaround
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2023, 01:22:30 am »
Generate the return flight on Simbrief first, and click Reload Simbrief.

Keight

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2023, 03:56:47 pm »
no, it does not work

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2023, 12:41:51 pm »
Yes, it does, try to Restart Couatl as well if it doesn't.

Keight

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2023, 02:16:18 pm »
yes the Restart Couatl does the trick but not the Reload Simbrief.
first of all restarting couatl is a lottery and prone to crash and never start again. and secondly I would like it to happen more seamlessly.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2023, 02:02:50 pm »
yes the Restart Couatl does the trick but not the Reload Simbrief.

The Reload Simbrief works here, I suggested a Restart Couatl because you said it doesn't work for you.

first of all restarting couatl is a lottery and prone to crash and never start again.

This is something that never happens, instead, which seems to indicate something must be wrong with your install, which might explain also why the Reload Simbrief didn't work. I can restart Couatl here like 100 times in a row, it always restarts.

Are you sure it really crashed on Restart ? Try to be more accurate about this, because restarting is not a "lottery", and if it is on your system, it's worth investigating why.

and secondly I would like it to happen more seamlessly.

It is supposed to be seamless, but if you really are in a situation where you can't even Restart reliably, you have far bigger issues than just the Simbrief Reload not being seamless enough: the Couatl engine in MSFS has been designed to be restarted with no limitation, and it surely does it so, the real issue here is that it doesn't do that on your system.

Are you starting it as Admin ? If not, try to enable the "Start as Administrator" setting in the Compatibility settings of the Couatl64_MSFS.EXE file. If it's already enabled, try to disable it instead.

Same for the Windows 8 Compatibility setting: it's enabled by Default, before lots of users reported it fixed all their Restart problems, but a very few users reported the opposite, so you might need to check both cases and see the one that works best for you.

Keight

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2023, 05:07:14 pm »
It seems you misunderstood. The Reload Simbrief is working fine but it does not reset the VDGS for the next flight (not showing flight number, ETD and etc).
As for the crashing couatl, I will try what you suggested.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2023, 10:03:16 pm »
It seems you misunderstood. The Reload Simbrief is working fine but it does not reset the VDGS for the next flight (not showing flight number, ETD and etc).

I understood perfectly fine, I said it should reset the VGDS but, as I've said, if it doesn't work for you, Restart Couatl surely would.

Keight

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2023, 12:25:00 pm »
That is not a solution for me and I dont need a workaround. I tend to minimize my interaction with the menu. I park the airplane and in a one go do: request deboarding, request refuelling, request boarding, prepare for departure and forget about gsx leaving it to do its job. I want to enjoy doing my procedures in the cockpit not "playing" with gsx in order to display some text on the board.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2023, 12:39:41 pm »
That is not a solution for me and I dont need a workaround.

A workaround is what you must use, until we eventually look at it and find out an alternative solution. If there was a "better" solution, I would gave you that, instead of the workaround which, again, surely works in the meantime.