Author Topic: 3rd party Airports Missing  (Read 630 times)

kev649

3rd party Airports Missing
« on: April 04, 2023, 12:12:19 pm »
Hi Umberto

Hope you are well

My issue is that some of my 3rd party Airports are missing from the GSX Installer. In other words if i fire up the GSX installer and click on the exclude 3rd party airports, it finds most of them and adds them to the exclude box on the right but there are a couple which it doesn't find. EGCC from maccosim is one, the other which is LEGE doesn't even show up on the installed airports on the box on the left of the installer and yet the airport is installed.

I have tried the 'airportCacheMaxBGLSizeBytes = 20000000' fix but it never fixed the problem, i even tried increasing the value to 50000000 but again it would not find EGCC and add it to the exclusion list.

Any help with these issues would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2023, 12:26:59 pm by kev649 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: 3rd party Airports Missing
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2023, 04:23:06 pm »
First, the airport cache is not used anymore. However, it doesn't have anything to do with the Jetway exclusion, the only reason why you wanted to set an higher size for the cache, was to have GSX not discarding the airport for ITS OWN use, when it used to use the airport cache ( which it doesn't anymore ).

Jetway exclusions are completely unrelated to this, and I hope it's clear for you what the jetway Exclusion does, and it's ONLY this:

- PREVENTING GSX to replace Jetway on a 3rd party airport, by removing the GSX own jetway exclusion .BGL, that is supposed to be used ONLY with default airports.

That's the only thing the Jetway Exclusion does.

The airports on the Left are not the ones "Enabled" in GSX, they are only the ones for which GSX does have a Jetway replacement file, which MUST be Disabled (moved to the right), if you have a 3rd party airport for that code. Which means, if an airport didn't originally had Jetways by default or didn't even existed in the default scenery, you won't find it on the Enabled list, so if you have a 3rd party add-on for it, there's just nothing you are supposed to do, since you don't have protect the 3rd party airport from a GSX jetway replacement file that doesn't exist.

So, in your case, since LEGE doesn't have any jetways in the default scenery, there's no GSX replacement file for it, so it's not supposed to be found in the Enabled list and, obviously, no need to Disable anything. If you have a 3rd party airport that comes with its own jetways, they'll just work

EGCC should be detected instead, since the default scenery does have Jetways, so there IS a GSX replacement file for it, and as long the package in the Community folder is named correctly according to the official MSFS naming standard:

maccosim-airport-egcc-manchester

The GSX "Exclude 3rd party" button will surely recognize it and move it on the Disabled list.