Author Topic: Bug report: Stairs not operating; menu stuck on loading  (Read 776 times)

airbadger

Bug report: Stairs not operating; menu stuck on loading
« on: April 03, 2023, 12:59:54 pm »
I've reproduced this at multiple airports with the PMDG 737-800.

Aircraft: PMDG 738
Airport: MK Studios Dublin V2
Gate: 122
Custom profile included in the attachment

Stairs do not operate when selecting "Operate stairs." Menu then gets stuck. A couatl restart is required to fix it.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Bug report: Stairs not operating; menu stuck on loading
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2023, 01:19:52 pm »
Works perfectly fine here, with the PMDG 738-800, using the same gate, same airport and same profile you attached.

Are you using AI traffic injection ?

This scenery seems to be extremely dense and very hard on fps (even with GSX disabled, that is shutting down Couatl), perhaps it just has too many objects and, combined with AI traffic, it reached the maximum number of objects available in the sim, after which Simconnect starts to behave erratically, which will of course cause all sort of issues to GSX.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2023, 01:22:52 pm by virtuali »

airbadger

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2023, 01:23:16 pm »
Not in this scenario was I using AI traffic and I’ve been able to recreate it at smaller airports with much fewer objects.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2023, 01:24:56 pm »
But since I cannot even recreate it there and it works perfectly ( other than the unusually bad fps ), it's clearly not a problem with GSX.

If you really had this problem at smaller airports and without AI, then please make an example of these, so I can test that one. And, more details about how exactly it happens would be useful, because you just said you "operate stairs", and that's it, so I just went to the airport and did just that.

If that happens following specific situations, for example only after landing, that would be something that should be added to your report.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2023, 01:26:32 pm by virtuali »

airbadger

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2023, 12:49:19 pm »
But since I cannot even recreate it there and it works perfectly ( other than the unusually bad fps ), it's clearly not a problem with GSX.

If you really had this problem at smaller airports and without AI, then please make an example of these, so I can test that one. And, more details about how exactly it happens would be useful, because you just said you "operate stairs", and that's it, so I just went to the airport and did just that.

If that happens following specific situations, for example only after landing, that would be something that should be added to your report.

Smaller airport example with the same problem:

This airport: https://flightsim.to/file/48574/airport-lfbd-bordeaux-merignac
Custom profile attached
No AI.

Steps to recreate:

1. Spawn in the PMDG 737-800 at gate D3.
2. Immediately call for stairs to operate, don't do anything else with GSX before then

In my case, the stairs don't move and I get GSX's stuck loading menu.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2023, 04:27:40 pm »
Steps to recreate:

1. Spawn in the PMDG 737-800 at gate D3.
2. Immediately call for stairs to operate, don't do anything else with GSX before then

In my case, the stairs don't move and I get GSX's stuck loading menu.

THIS one I can reproduce, and I think it's some kind of problem in the scenery ( other parking spots are also reported as isolated ), because in the default LFBD, with the same profile, so GSX vehicles are set identically, the Operate Stairs works normally.

It's likely something similar to this issue:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,29600.msg192165.html#msg192165

Since even LFBD, just like CYVP, couldn't even be opened with any of the tools available ( ADE or Airport2Project ) without a crash, which is something I needed to do, to understand exactly what is the problem. In CYVP case, it was a missing link between a taxiway and a runway, and the author fixed it following that thread.

This might be something similar, even if not necessarily identical, but switching to the default scenery has completely fixed the issue, with everything else being equal.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2023, 04:31:08 pm by virtuali »