Author Topic: Unexpected Crash  (Read 579 times)

Fragtality

Unexpected Crash
« on: April 01, 2023, 08:06:30 pm »
Did a Flight to EKCH (FlyTampa) with the Fenix. The installed Profile is by SimonTricks.
When I arrived at the Gate, I got a popup that Couatl has crashed. After I hit restart it worked normally again, deboarded as normal.
The only Thing that was special is that I had not answered the Operator Selection - which should not be a Problem since GSX is selecting one.
Note: GSX is not used through the in-game Menu but through the "virtual Menu" instead (via L-Vars)

Can't really tell if that is something that is related to the Scenery, Profile or GSX?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Unexpected Crash
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2023, 12:41:04 pm »
Note: GSX is not used through the in-game Menu but through the "virtual Menu" instead (via L-Vars)

That might be the problem,  which I cannot possibly verify without knowing exactly the logic that is controlling these.

The reason why this method has never been officially documented, is that new errors that should never happen might appear only because of an external logic we have no control over is running so, until you see any official documentation in the manual, you should consider it unsupported.

From the error log, it SEEMS the external logic is not taking into account the chance the operator selection menu might not always be displayed, in cases where there's only one operator possible but again, I can't say for sure without checking its full code. It doesn't SEEM an error that can possibly happen when using the normal GSX menu.

Fragtality

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2023, 08:39:30 pm »
Well there is no Code-Logic involved in that Case, it is manual Selection (until arriving at the Gate). Basically the In-Game Menu is replaced by the StreamDeck - where I browsed the Gates, selected A15 and answered "no" to the Follow-Me. I just hadn't answered the Operator there.
The Code-Logic that takes over at arriving at the Gate (Engines Stopped -> Call Jetway/Stairs. Beacon Off -> Place Plane-GPU/Chocks, Start Deboarding) does take Operator Selection into Account. But I have to admit, the Code is expecting it to happen after the Jetway (or the Stairs in case of a Parking Position) is selected (Menu -> 5/6 -> Check Operator Selection).
Did not find a way to reproduce it after it happened - whether via In-Game Menu nor via StreamDeck Menu. So I couldn't share a more detailed Description :/

Using GSX completely without the In-Game Menu works normally very well and without Issues even on Sessions with Turn-Around.
I surely can share you the Code if you want to check it! But that was not the Intention - I just wanted to share a Crash of Couatl which is just something that does not happen for me during normal Operations ;)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2023, 11:38:34 pm »
I just wanted to share a Crash of Couatl which is just something that does not happen for me during normal Operations

I was quite sure, looking at the error, it shouldn't happen using normal operations. If you couldn't reproduce it, it's possible it happened due to various timing issues that might not be easy to predict, considering the added lag of all the response time by the various actors involved, which in this case adds the Streamdeck framework running your own code.