Author Topic: Operating jetway fails when plane door does not open  (Read 639 times)

Daibach

Operating jetway fails when plane door does not open
« on: April 03, 2023, 05:19:00 pm »
Plane: Asobo default 787-10; Scenery: EGLL, default or iniScene.
When I call for boarding, stairs arrive at rear left door, then I get a message: [GSX] WAITING FOR YOUR ACTION: OPEN PASSENGER DOOR 1. But as far as I can tell, (a) the manual says that the door should open automatically, (b) unlike other sims, there is no command in MSFS manually to open a door. Even if it were prototypical to open a door BEFORE the jetway attaches, why should the process stall in this way? How to get through to the next stage?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Operating jetway fails when plane door does not open
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2023, 12:26:39 am »
GSX doesn't control the main passenger exit, if the gate has a Jetway, not anymore ( it used to ).

This because after a recent update, it's the simulator itself that will automatically open or close it when the jetway approaches so yes, even if it's a little weird the door would open before the jetway connects ( I guess you assumed it was GSX that opened it ), that's how the simulator works now, so we had to remove any code that automatically opened the main passenger exit, if the gate has a jetway, otherwise we would see a double action, with the door first opened by GSX and then immediately closed by the sim, or vice-versa, depending which one did it first.

On the Asobo 787, the rear exit is static, so the default GSX configuration for it has set it to the same code as the main exit, which means as soon the simulator opens the main exit when the jetway approaches, the only one variable GSX checks for will be set correctly, so GSX won't ask to open the door, because it's supposed to be opened automatically by the sim.

And in fact, I just tried it now, and I can see the main Exit opening automatically when the jetway is closing, so when the rear stair approaches, there are no request from GSX to open the door.

So the issue really is: why the simulator hasn't opened the main Exit automatically in your case, which I think is what happened, and is completely unrelated to GSX, because we don't control the main exit anymore.

Note that, GSX for years never had the automatic door function, we added it only because the command to open doors that has been there since FSX, has been removed in MSFS, but in this case, we are forced to rely on the simulator to open the door, because it what it normally does.

Normally, with 3rd party airplanes, you have door controls, so this is not really an issue but, even on default Asobo airplanes, you CAN exit out of this situation, by using airplane configuration editor. Even without configuring anything, you can click on any door and use the button "Open Door" to open it, which will work, provided the door uses a standard variable ( all default planes are like that ) and it's set correctly ( it surely is on the 787 )
« Last Edit: April 04, 2023, 12:28:15 am by virtuali »