Author Topic: Cannot start GSX  (Read 1349 times)

jsmcwilliam

Cannot start GSX
« on: April 01, 2023, 11:22:11 am »
I run P3D v5 under Windows 10 and GSX + Expansion pack (latest update installed).
After starting the sim with the aircraft shutdown at the Gate and brakes on I find it impossible to start GSX.
I have tried to open the initial window using Ctr + F12 and Ctr/Shft + F12 as well as from the GSX Addon window. Nothing happens.
I have run a Key Pressed script to see if there is anything wrong with my keyboard - it appears to function normally.
My settup includes PMDG 737 NGXu, VoxATC, FS2Crew along with Active Sky and Electronic Flightbag, both on my remote.

Any suggestions?

John McWilliam

TheCaptain3618

• TheCaptain3618
    • Google
Re: Cannot start GSX
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2023, 05:54:50 pm »
Logs?
TheCaptain3618

jsmcwilliam

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2023, 12:54:36 pm »
Attached log after restart GSX.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2023, 02:41:10 pm »
The log after restart is not very useful, it would be best a log AFTER you press the GSX hotkey (or the menu), and realized it didn't show the menu so, hopefully, the log might show something there, like an error.

jsmcwilliam

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2023, 03:08:57 pm »
Started P3D v5 and chose to load my PMDG 737 NGXu at a gate with engines shutdown. I can see a couple of GSX personel on the ground. Chose GSX fron the Addon menu and then Show GSX Menu by passing YouControl. Clicking this did not bring the up the GSX Menu so I pressed Ctr/Shft F12 twice and then Ctr F12 twice. Then I closed the sim and located the Couatl.log file which is attached.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2023, 03:14:08 pm »
Your log is still the same, have you check if you still had the GSX menu after you pressed they key ?

Note that, pressing the key twice in a row, too quickly, will likely cause it to be stuck.

jsmcwilliam

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2023, 10:00:01 am »
The addon menu remains and I can go for example into settings. Ground personel are present and mobile. If I try to start gsx fom here without using the Ctr/Shft F12 combination it is still not possible. A long time ago I had the same problem but I cannot remember the details. I think it had something to do with a simconnect conflict. I think I reinstalled P3D and GSX but am unsure about that.

jsmcwilliam

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2023, 11:45:46 am »
Shooting blind I ran a file integrity check which corrected some corrupted files but this did not solve my problem - the GSX window remained impossible to open. In desperation I did a refresh of my Windows 10 OS using an .iso mirror image downloaded from the internet at:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-reinstall-windows-10/f0e57ce6-ad63-4a0d-a78b-6e8b1b9e57a0

This was possible to do without loosing my personal files and folders and resulted in my being able to access GSX again. Had this failed I was prepared to reinstall P3D but fortunately this was not necessary.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2023, 12:27:24 pm »
This was possible to do without loosing my personal files and folders and resulted in my being able to access GSX again.

This is strange but, in fact, turned out to be a Windows install problem in fact.