Author Topic: MSFS Jetway docked too high, canopy not extending  (Read 1045 times)

sincedric

MSFS Jetway docked too high, canopy not extending
« on: February 06, 2023, 07:59:51 am »
Dear all,

I'm using DC Design Concorde in the sim and I realize that the jetway always dock higher than where the door is. The canopy does not extend to reach the aircraft as well. I also use PMDG 737 but the jetway worked in the PMDG. What is causing this problem? Thank you!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: MSFS Jetway docked too high, canopy not extending
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2023, 11:16:44 am »
Assuming with "jetway", you mean a jetway of a default airport that has been replaced by GSX, fact it works with the PMDG but not the Concorde, should tell by itself the problem is the airplane doors definition.

It's important to stress that, GSX jetways are just visual replacements for the default models, but nothing in GSX controls the way they move or animate, it's completely controlled by the default jetway animation system, and GSX just send a command to toggle their status, exactly as you were calling the jetway from the default ATC menu.

dmatthieu2

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2023, 05:36:05 am »
I have the same issue with the DC Designs Concorde. It's not just limited to default jetways replaced by GSX. I tried modifying in the 3D Editor, and got GSX to work for the load/unload of cargo/luggage at the service door 4R (rear door) using a BELT perfectly. However, using the same 3D editor for the passenger door 1L, it still seems to do the same bug with the jetways as user Sincedric described. However, GSX works fine with mobile stairs to the 1L door at stands without jetways. I'm not quite sure what's going on with jetways. I've opened a ticket with DC Designs as well to check their door configurations.

Copper

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2023, 11:03:45 am »
However, GSX works fine with mobile stairs to the 1L door at stands without jetways.
Well that exactly is the use of the GSX aircraft configuration - it sets up the position for the stairs that are entirely controlled by GSX.
It has no impact on jetway position/behavior since as Umberto said it's completely controlled by MSFS and is often really buggy since it depends on scenery, aircraft and MSFS-logic to perfectly work together (which most of the time they don't). But nothing GSX can fix here.