Author Topic: Empty Airports  (Read 1900 times)

CVJ

Empty Airports
« on: March 25, 2023, 09:40:08 pm »
My airports are empty because the downloaded aircraft are not showing.

I had this problem before, but it was cured by updating to GSX PRO 2.4.4.

Now it is back. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling GSX PRO, but that did not fix this problem. I have also checked for any other updates, but no luck.

Page 33 in the GSX PRO Manual "Troubleshooting Settings" says "This page is used to enable Logging" but EXACTLY HOW do I get to that page?

Any help to fix this so I can start see my airports with some downloaded aircraft will be most appreciated.

Claus Jensen

This is what KLAX looks like:

« Last Edit: March 26, 2023, 05:06:22 am by CVJ »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Empty Airports
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2023, 02:23:40 pm »
There's a known problem in the simulator itself, which allows a maximum number of 1000 SimObjects in a scene. This includes jetways, AI airplanes and Ground vehicles and, if you use 3rd AI traffic, on big airports like KLAX, it's extremely easy to reach this limit, which will result in empty airports.

Every add-on you have can contribute to this limit so, until the problem is fixed by Asobo and the limit would be eventually raised, your only options are work on all add-ons involved to reduce the amount of objects, which means:

- Reduce the AI density in whatever 3rd party AI product you are using.

- Reduce the GSX number of objects by Disabling the "Ground Clutter" option in the Config Panel of the FSDT Installer and run an Update again, so it will download a lightweight version of the jetway replacement files that won't contain anything other than Jetways, thus not increasing the number of objects compared to the file they replaced.

CVJ

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2023, 06:33:24 pm »
Thank you for your reply.
After Disabling the "Ground Clutter" option in the Config Panel and running an update again - and switching to a less busy airport (KSEA), the problem is actually worse, as you can see from the attached screen shot.

Claus Jensen

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2023, 07:48:56 pm »
After Disabling the "Ground Clutter" option in the Config Panel and running an update again - and switching to a less busy airport (KSEA), the problem is actually worse, as you can see from the attached screen shot.

It's surely not worse, in fact it's better, because before you had zero AI, now you have several AI so, clearly, my suggestion has improved the situation, but apparently it's not enough, you need to act to the OTHER things that contributed to reaching the maximum Simobject limits.

CVJ

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2023, 08:30:46 pm »
Umberto,

But why don't I see a single "live" aircraft moving on the runways and around the parking?

Claus Jensen

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2023, 10:10:17 pm »
But why don't I see a single "live" aircraft moving on the runways and around the parking?

That doesn't have anything to do with GSX, your AI seems to have issues but, at least, lowering GSX number of objects has at least to allow the sim to create the automatic static airplanes.

As I've said, you need to act to the OTHER things that contributed to reaching the maximum Simobject limits.

CVJ

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2023, 10:13:20 pm »
I have also posted this on the PMDG User Forum:

"That is exactly what I have done (see screenshot), but unfortunately that does not do the trick. I am unable to steer using the pedals and the brake is completely useless.

I tried a great app SPAD.next and it recalibrated my old MS Force Feedback 2 perfectly, but it did not reset the pedals.

And because I can not use the Brake, my GSX PRO will not complete a push-back from the gate.

I have now spent more than 10 hours trying to find a solution. I have uninstalled and re-installed MSFS (3-4 hours), uninstalled and re-installed both PMDG and GSX PRO...all to no avail.

If anybody else can figure this out or has any other suggestions, please holler.

Otherwise, I will be flying a ICON A5 from now on (or SALTY's 747).

Claus Jensen

CVJ

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2023, 10:17:39 pm »
Umberto, What is AI? Is it Artificial Intelligence in MSFS? I am so completely confused at this point.
And the only OTHER items were the ones that caused the Clutter (which I removed). Do I add them back or what?

I apologize for being such an ignoramus.

Claus Jensen

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2023, 10:18:03 pm »
"That is exactly what I have done (see screenshot), but unfortunately that does not do the trick. I am unable to steer using the pedals and the brake is completely useless.

I think your problem of too many objects in the scene, which is known to cause both empty airports but also erratic connection from Simconnect, is affecting equally GSX and the PMDG parking brake function.

You really need to lower your objects complexity.

With AI airplanes, I mean the non-static ones.

CVJ

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2023, 10:19:25 pm »

"You really need to lower your objects complexity".
I do not know how to do that.

I tried to do that by moving to KPDX which surely has fewer objects... but that did not work either. Not a single "live" aircraft on the runways or in the skies. <SIGH>

Claus Jensen
« Last Edit: March 27, 2023, 10:34:22 pm by CVJ »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2023, 10:24:53 pm »
I do not know how to do that.

Lower anything you see in the Traffic settings.

CVJ

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2023, 10:40:07 pm »
I did. Still NO live traffic.

And before SU12, all settings were high and even in KLAX there were tons of live aircraft. Whatever MSFS did, it screwed my setup totally...and it appears that happened only to me.

Claus Jensen
« Last Edit: March 27, 2023, 10:45:07 pm by CVJ »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2023, 10:40:55 pm »
I did. Still NO live traffic.

That doesn't have anything to do with GSX, your AI seems to have issues but, at least, lowering GSX number of objects has at least to allow the sim to create the automatic static airplanes.

CVJ

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2023, 10:49:22 pm »
Yes, but that does not solve my problem.

Perhaps SU13 will....

By now, I HATE MS!

Claus Jensen
« Last Edit: March 27, 2023, 10:51:59 pm by CVJ »

kingnorris

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2023, 11:27:39 pm »
What traffic program are you using? Because I have Aerosoft’s Simple Traffic and have zero issues.