Author Topic: GSX Crash at ORBX KSBA  (Read 1820 times)

glc100o

Re: GSX Crash at ORBX KSBA
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2023, 04:03:35 am »
I forgot to add, yesterday after updating GSX and MSFS to SU12, after the crash at this gate, (likely due again to use of FSiPanel) when I restarted GSX, the deboarding process proceeded normally, when I selecting deboading, and in particular the passengers boarded on the appropriate jetway. Please see above. Same airport, same gate.KSJC Gate 23.

Greg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2023, 04:06:41 am »
This is the default MSFS version of KSJC. It has no GSX Profile associated with it

Of course you have it, it was right there in your log. And you even posted it now. That is a GSX profile. Were you under the assumption that GSX profiles are only used in add-on airports ? Surely not, every airport can have a GSX profile and, in fact, you had one.

Should I just delete the ini file and recustomize the marshaller distance?

You can try to MOVE it to a different folder, that way you won't lose it in case nothing changes, and the problem was a different one, for example a conflict with another scenery.

glc100o

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2023, 05:27:39 am »
I have been  confused about GSX Profiles nomenclature - confusing those available for download by the community vs what I would create by for example changing marshaller distance. But they are the same.
On a hunch I left the .ini untouched and spawned at KSJC on a runway, selected gate 23 and taxied there and Marshaller was present, parked, called for deboarding, no problems at all. Passengers this time boarded through the proper gate as they have in the past.
I can only conclude that invoking the FSIpanel app even with GSX not running causes these problems, how I do not know. Probably not worth worrying about since the purpose is to practice landings.

For fun I included the log for this last activity and would be curious if the errors are gone.

Greg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2023, 10:13:51 am »
For fun I included the log for this last activity and would be curious if the errors are gone.

Yes, it's all fine now, those errors reading the jetway data and their parking associations are now gone.