Author Topic: Jetways at Premium Airports  (Read 920 times)

mistyblue

Jetways at Premium Airports
« on: March 22, 2023, 09:51:14 pm »
I'm still trying to wrap my head around how jetways work at Asobo premium airports so please forgive my confusion.

I'm at Asobo's KSFO.  Disabling the airport in the installer works fine and the default jetways can be called by GSX.  The gate numbers generally seem to line up with real world.

If I enable the airport in the installer, I end up with multiple gate assignments at the same gates. The duplicate is often a completely different gate number.  I haven't found one that has a working GSX jetway yet.  I think it was mentioned there are some GSX jetways that do work.  How would I identify those?

I'm just wondering what the best solution is for these premium airports at the present time.  I want to make sure I'm not missing out on GSX features that are (now?) available.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Jetways at Premium Airports
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2023, 04:22:11 am »
GSX jetway replacement files can only be used for default airports. Meaning the bare defaults, not the handcrafted ones.

The issues with the ones belonging to the Premium/Deluxe package, is they are encrypted, so we couldn't create a jetway replacement file for those airports, not technically and not even legally, since we would have to break the encryption to read the enhanced airport and we couldn't possibly distribute a file resulted from such procedure.

This means, you must treat the premium airports exactly like any other 3rd party scenery bought on the Marketplace, and add their code to the Disabled list in the GSX Control Panel, so they'll use their original jetways.

mistyblue

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2023, 06:42:18 am »
Thanks for the clarification.  For some reason I thought the Navigraph updates would allow for that information to be read from the handcrafted airports now. 

I wonder what's so important that they had to encrypt those files.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2023, 10:12:36 am »
Thanks for the clarification.  For some reason I thought the Navigraph updates would allow for that information to be read from the handcrafted airports now. 

Yes, that might be fine for Navigraph purposes and, in fact, GSX itself also uses the Navdata to work at these airports, to get info about parking spots, taxiways, etc.

However, it's not enough to create a jetway replacement file, because some things are still missing from Navdata, like the Jetway Links ( the static part of the jetway that in all default airports is modeled as a separate object ), which we can read from a .BGL, if it's not encrypted, but cannot from Navdata, since they are just not there to ask.