Author Topic: EDDK not Working GSX Pro  (Read 1875 times)

Mortime

EDDK not Working GSX Pro
« on: March 18, 2023, 10:13:26 am »
Hello Umberto, Hello Guys,
I have the following problem. For some time now, GSX Pro has not worked properly with MSFS on the Airport EDDK. See screenshot. Parking spaces are no longer displayed. Normally the GSX menu starts with the various boarding options. Unfortunately, you only see this menu. => See screenshot
I have already carried out an update + check. No effect.
It is the Aiport from Aerosoft (MSFS Marketplace).
Other airports (incl. AddOn Airports) work without problems. 

I would be very grateful for help.  8)
Mortime

HeicoH

Re: EDDK not Working GSX Pro
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2023, 10:46:03 am »
EDDK is part of my standard GSX test scenario. (I am using the non-Marketplace version).

Your screenshot does not show the GSX menu, burt the camera menu, so I gave GSX a EDDK test with the latest update.

I can confirm that, apart from the lots of known bugs, inconsistencies and general issues, GSX works fine for me at EDDK.
My GSX test scenario (unless otherwise stated):
Sandbox environment
GSX v 2.9.1 (as of 20 Jan 2023)
Fenix A320, PMDG 737-800, ATR-72
EDDL (JustSim), EDDK (Aerosoft), both not Marketplace
GSX jetways disabled
no AI traffic
no antivirus or firewall software running
all apps started in admin mode

Mortime

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2023, 12:31:00 pm »
Hello Heico,

first of all, thank you very much for your feedback.
I think we have the same home base  8)

So when I open the picture, I see the gsx menu on the right.
Maybe you have the possibility to scroll to the right in your browser?

Maybe we can talk later in german in the private messanger ?

thanks
Mortime

HeicoH

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2023, 01:09:19 pm »
You are right, I did not scroll. My bad.

Klick on "0 - next page". You should find gates with suitable parkings on that 2nd page.
Sandbox environment
GSX jetways disabled
no AI traffic

Mortime

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2023, 01:11:57 pm »
Yes, I thought so too. No, unfortunately everything is completely empty.

HeicoH

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2023, 01:19:58 pm »
I don't have the Headwind A330-900neo, so I tested with a Standard Asobo B787, which has about the same length and wingspan. GSX suggested Gate E with 10 or Gate F with 4 suitable parkings, all of which unfortunately are cargo stands.

Sorry that I can not help ypu with that.

Btw: according to your screenshot, you are at Gate B10, which is not suitable for wide body aircraft.

A suitable stand would be e.g. D11 or D15. Unfortunately, the odd D stands are not provided in MSFS, so it's probably an issue of the scenery.

Edit:

the odd D *stands* are suitable for aircraft with the A330-900 / B787 length and wingspan, but the taxiways to those stands are not. So maybe it is NOT an issue of the scenery that you cannot choose them.

Stand B11 and B17 are suitable, AND you can taxi there, but they are not provided in MSFS, so it's probably an issue of the scenery.

Stand B14 is suitable, AND you can taxi there, AND it is provided in MSFS.
However, GSX says it is too small. So this indeed is a GSX related issue.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2023, 04:30:06 pm by HeicoH »
Sandbox environment
GSX jetways disabled
no AI traffic

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2023, 05:12:05 pm »
However, GSX says it is too small. So this indeed is a GSX related issue.

Of course it's not and this is clearly explained in the manual, which explains all the different ways you have at your disposal to deal with this:

Quoting from the manual:

- Page 11
GSX will warn you if a parking spot is either “too small for your aircraft”, or is already taken by an AI. However, a big change from previous versions is that will allow you to use it anyway.

- Page 33, the explanation of the "Max Allowed Wingspan" parameter, which can be used if that previous message annoys you:
This option allows to override the parking radius in the airport .BGL, used to verify if a parking is too small to fit a certain parking. Sometimes, it’s possible a scenery has actual space available around a parking spot, but the scenery designer has specified a smaller radius for that parking spot, maybe for AI flow reasons, or to fix problems with default ground vehicles, or simply because of an oversight.

- Page 27, the explanation of the "Ignore Wingspan when parking" global setting:
This option will disable the “Parking Too Small” warning. Note that, with this version, GSX will always allow to use a parking, even if it says it’s too small but, with this option, you can also disable the warning.

Mortime

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2023, 09:26:57 am »
Hello Umberto,

thank you for your feedback.

Do I understand you correctly that the scenery is to fault here ?
So GSX does not recognise a single parking space at EDDK where I could park with the A330 ?
That is a bit confusing. According to this website, there are several parking areas in EDDK where an A330-900 could park.
https://www.ifatc.org/gates?code=EDDK

for example A11, A21, B11, B21 etc.
Unfortunately, none of them is shown as usable in GSX. Does this mean that I have to edit each parking space individually in GSX?

Or is there a profile file for EDDK somewhere that I can download?
Unfortunately, I haven't found anything yet.

Thanks
Mortime
« Last Edit: March 19, 2023, 09:30:35 am by Mortime »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2023, 10:56:21 am »
Do I understand you correctly that the scenery is to fault here ?
So GSX does not recognise a single parking space at EDDK where I could park with the A330 ?

GSX just reads what's the scenery has set so yes, it seems the scenery is at fault here.

That is a bit confusing. According to this website, there are several parking areas in EDDK where an A330-900 could park. for example A11, A21, B11, B21 etc.

You are assuming the scenery matches the real world, which might not always be the case, and sometimes the way the sim works, make it impossible for developers to match the real world, for example:

A11 doesn't even exists in the scenery, it has markings painted, but it's not represented as a parking spot, because in real world is a MARS (Multiple Apron Ramp System), which is not supported by MSFS, which is why Aerosoft probably didn't depicted it. B11 and B21 are also both MARS positions, so they don't exist in the scenery

A21 has been set with a radius of 26m, so GSX correctly flags it as being too small for an A330-900, which has a Wingspan of 64 meters. This seems to be a mistake, because in this case the designer decided to have the MARS position ( the one for bigger planes ) in the airport file, so they used a different strategy than the other MARS locations where the ones for the smaller planes were included, but set it a too small radius, which should have been set to something like 35-40 mt, if the idea was to have at least one MARS location for large airplanes represented.

Unfortunately, none of them is shown as usable in GSX

That is correct, according to the information GSX is getting from the scenery.

Does this mean that I have to edit each parking space individually in GSX?

Now, it seem you haven't read my previous explanation carefully because, all the 3 points I quoted from the manual, the ones at Pages 11, 33 and 27, are all explaining why this is NOT a problem, and you can still USE those parking spots.

The only reason why you might want to edit the parking themselves, is so they wouldn't "look" as being "too small" and you won't get the warning from GSX, but that's about it, you can still USE them if you want without editing. Editing will basically remove the warning, that's it.

And my last point, which suggested to read Page 27 of the manual, which explained the "Ignore Wingspan when parking" global setting, is another way to deal with this, by basically telling GSX to stop care about the parking size *everywhere* you go.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2023, 10:58:53 am by virtuali »

Mortime

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2023, 10:42:35 am »
Hello Umberto,

thank you for your feedback.

Of course, I have read and understood your advice very well.
Unfortunately, I probably did not explain my problem correctly. I would like to correct this and describe it in more detail:
Of course I know that I can generally turn off the warning and that i can use every parking slot.
But that only partially solves my problem.
The dimensions of the parking places are still too small. And according to my tests in EDDK, the individual vehicles do not drive correctly or start their way at the wrong position. They partly drive into each other, which of course doesn't look very nice. The marchaller who helps me get into the parking place is often in the wrong place, so I can't see him at all. Unfortunately, the information about which parking place has a jetway is not correct in some cases too.
This means that I still have to edit every single parking place that I want to use. And therefore I wanted to know if this is the right way to solve this problem?

From which file does GSX read the information of the airport ?

Thanks for you help.

Mortime
« Last Edit: March 20, 2023, 10:50:39 am by Mortime »

HeicoH

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2023, 12:18:19 pm »
I contacted Aerosoft Support to confirm or not that they coded EDDK in a way that there are only cargo stands suitable for A330-900neo and/or B787, so that you have to adjust the stands you want (e.g. B14) in GSX manually. I will report their answer.
Sandbox environment
GSX jetways disabled
no AI traffic

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2023, 05:22:16 pm »
Of course I know that I can generally turn off the warning and that i can use every parking slot. But that only partially solves my problem.The dimensions of the parking places are still too small

And that is precisely why you have the other parking customization options at your disposal!

Changing the parking radius in GSX has an effect NOT "just" on the warning message, but also on the vehicles default starting positions. In fact, the warning exists to *alert* you that parking there without editing might not be a very a good idea: if there were no consequences, what would be the point of a warning ?

A faster solution is just changing the parking radius in GSX, that might be enough to prevent the vehicles doing strange routes.

A better solution is individually change all the vehicles starting positions at selected gates so, not only they'll drive better, but they might also be placed not to interfere with other scener details. This is what (good) profile creators do.

I really, strongly, suggest to read the manual carefully, because it explains all of this.

HeicoH

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2023, 03:50:42 am »
I did a series of tests at EDDK (Aerosoft, non-Marketplace) with the standard Microsoft /Asobo B787.

Gates B14 and B26 are suitable for a B787, according to the charts and two Vatsim controllers.

However, GSX tells mit those gates are to small for a B787.

What I did is:
Test A:
1. I spawned into a random stand at EDDK.
2. I asked GSX to reposition the aircraft to B14, B26, respectively.

Test B:
I landed at EDDK and taxied to B14, B26, respectively.

The result is:
1. GSX repositions the aircraft in a correct position. (Test A only)
2. The jetways work correctly.
3. GSX positions its vehicles in decent positions.

So I don't understand why GSX is telling me these stands are too small.
Sandbox environment
GSX jetways disabled
no AI traffic

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2023, 04:04:00 am »
Gates B14 and B26 are suitable for a B787, according to the charts and two Vatsim controllers.

However, GSX tells mit those gates are to small for a B787.

You are still not getting it, even after the multiple times I explained it over and over ?

You are making an assumption that "just" because those parking should be suitable for a B787 in real life, it would automatically so in the Aerosoft scenery. And I even took the time to tell you exactly the numbers they used, which confirmed GSX is completely CORRECT saying that airplane won't fit there, because that's what the scenery is telling.

But that's besides the point. It's not as if GSX is left hostage of a scenery that comes with wrong data or, we can say, a design choice to favor a certain parking configurations, considering MARS is not possible with MSFS.

Which is why, I indicated in my first reply all the MULTIPLE options you have at your disposal in GSX, to deal with this. No need to repeat them again ( there were all in the manual anyway )

So I don't understand why GSX is telling me these stands are too small.

Because of THIS!!

GSX will warn you if a parking spot is either “too small for your aircraft”, or is already taken by an AI. However, a big change from previous versions is that will allow you to use it anyway.

If your problem is the WARNING, you can just use the option in the "Ignore Wingspan when parking" global setting, that will GET RID of the warning but, other than that, it's not as if that warning has any other consequences. Is the warning annoying ? Just use the above option, and you won't ever see a warning again.