Author Topic: No signals/directions from Marshaller  (Read 1966 times)

triflyman

No signals/directions from Marshaller
« on: February 25, 2023, 08:17:46 pm »
My last three flights, as I pulled up to the parking (GA parking), the marshaller is there but gives no signals with their hands/wands.  The position readouts are there but no movement from the marshaller.  All at default airports, KRYN, KLAS and N15.

Thank you.
Garry
Garry

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No signals/directions from Marshaller
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2023, 06:46:47 pm »
Nobody has reported this before. Are you using AI traffic products with traffic Injection ?

jesusgikam

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2023, 07:38:10 pm »
 I have been having this problem as well.  I do use FSTL AI Traffic, but I dont see that as the culprit. The issue occurs when pulling into a requested gate with a marshaller using all three pmdg main variants or the  Fenix A320. Marshaller will appear to initially be signaling me in but as I enter the space  the marshaller goes limp and does nothing else. I have also simply loaded into a gate and used slew to back out, then requested the  gate and many times the marshaller in this scenario actually works as it should, but not always. This problem occurs in a variety of airports including default and payware, and it occurs randomly but more often than not lately. I have gone so far as to uninstall and reinstall GSX, but that didn't change the behavior.

Regards

Keith

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2023, 01:11:21 pm »
I do use FSTL AI Traffic, but I dont see that as the culprit.

You can't be sure of that, unless you try it with the injection disabled, or with lower settings.

I have gone so far as to uninstall and reinstall GSX, but that didn't change the behavior.

If it's caused by too many Simobjects, which is a known issue of using AI Injection with too high settings, it's normal you can't fix it by reinstalling GSX.

Stratus903d

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2023, 01:58:37 pm »
I also have the same problem but I'm not sure if it's because I'm in the SU12 beta or if it started since the last update from GSX.
I also use FSTL AI Traffic have not changed anything in the settings had no problems with GSX before.

triflyman

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2023, 04:27:13 pm »
I also have FSLTL and have used it for quite awhile where the Marshaller worker normally.  This issue just started last week.  Since than I’v been flying Bush Trips so no parking involved.  I’ll be AFK for the next 12 days so will disable FSLTL when I get back to my computer and try again at the same airports with the same aircraft and then report the results.

Garry
Garry

jesusgikam

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2023, 05:53:03 pm »
I can confirm that prior to the last GSX update everything was working properly even with FSTL injection. I am aware of the issues with too many objects and my in game, FSTL and GSX settings have been adjusted accordingly for some time. This problem can occur at default and payware airports even without FSTL and at minimal traffic, vehicle, and airport settings. Basically what happens is that the marshaller is working as you enter into the parking area, but before you get halfway in the Marshaller goes limp and offers no further instructions.

Stratus903d

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2023, 11:36:53 am »
with me is exactly the same
Even at small airports the marshals go on strike as soon as they get closer

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2023, 01:00:18 pm »
When reporting a problem, you should always include a proper report, like:

- which airport has been used

- if it's default or 3rd party. If it's 3rd party if it has been bought on the Marketplace and if it has, if you enabled the SU10 Navdata API option.

- if you are using a custom profile for it

Since the only post in this thread which included a bit of info referred to default KLAS and nothing else, I just tried it at default KLAS, with the Asobo A320 and no GSX profile for it, that is the only thing I could try with such limited information.

And sure enough, the Marshaller is working normally:

https://youtu.be/eXMt8OWOUC0

Something like you are reporting might possibly caused by an error, which might be connected to the airplane or airport profile so, enable logging from Troubleshooting section of the GSX Settings page, restart GSX, try it again, and after it happens, exit from Couatl from the Tray bar icon, and post the Couatl.LOG file which should be located here:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl.LOG

ZIP the log and ATTACH it to a post.

triflyman

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2023, 09:23:54 pm »
Just got back from my being out of town.  Was able to confirm that the issue is not related to any of the AI add-ons.  Found on another site someone mentioned the taxi light so tried using Marshaller and pulling in with the taxi light on.  Tried two different aircraft (default C-172 and C-310R) at two different default airports (KLAS parking 163 and N15 parking 2) and was able to replicate the issue with the taxi light on each time.  With taxi light off Marshaller worked as normal.

Garry
Garry

jesusgikam

Re: No signals/directions from Marshaller (One Possible Solution)
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2023, 05:39:55 am »
It appears that for me at least, this issue was  being caused by an option in the program called AIGround, available as freeware on Flightsim.to. It is a good program for managing Ai traffic flow along with its companion AIFlow.  However one option that is on by default found in the AIGround .ini file is AIControlGroundVehicles=1. This option enforces spacing functions between the user aircraft and ground vehicles. Evidently this does include GSX vehicles. The toggle for spacing enforcement is the users taxi light., When taxi light is on, spacing is enforced and when off, it is not. That is why sometimes, when pulling into a parking stand the marshaller would go limp, because my taxi light was still on. Other times, the marshaller worked fine, because I had already turned the taxi light off. You can eliminate the issue completely by changing in the AIGround .ini file, AIControlGroundVehicles=1 to AIControlGroundVehicles=0. Likewise, if you want to retain AIGround's control of ground vehicle spacing, just remember to turn off your taxi light before entering the parking stand for Marshaller directions.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No signals/directions from Marshaller (One Possible Solution)
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2023, 09:43:22 am »
You can eliminate the issue completely by changing in the AIGround .ini file, AIControlGroundVehicles=1 to AIControlGroundVehicles=0. Likewise, if you want to retain AIGround's control of ground vehicle spacing, just remember to turn off your taxi light before entering the parking stand for Marshaller directions.

Thank you for confirming the problem was never GSX, but another add-on interfering with it ( the taxi light reference was quite telling and let me puzzled at first, since nowhere in the GSX code we ever read that value ), and the solution.

triflyman

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2023, 10:56:59 pm »
Good catch.  I disabled FSLTL but never thought about AIGround.

Garry
Garry