Author Topic: Deicing question.  (Read 949 times)

bcm652

Deicing question.
« on: March 13, 2023, 03:58:18 pm »
Question regarding deicing procedure. Win10, FSX, GSX2, CYVR.  When my aircraft is parked at the deicing pad and I call for the GSX menu for the deicing pad, there is no deicing option available, and the only way to get a deicing procedure from the deicing trucks is to select pushback and that also brings out the pushback truck and the luggage carriers and the stairs.  And no where in the GSX Menu or Manual does it suggest having to do that first.
Wouldn't it be much simpler and less complicated  to just add a deicing option into the GSX Menu for the deicing pad. There is only one reason to be parked in a deicing pad.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2023, 05:18:21 pm by bcm652 »

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: Deicing question.
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2023, 04:51:00 pm »
Is your GSX up to date. I know de-icing at a pad was added in recently.
Captain Kevin

bcm652

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2023, 05:01:21 pm »
Doing an update was the first thing that I tried. The deicing procedure works quite well once you get the routine figured out, it's not a bad option for northern airports.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2023, 05:54:33 am »
the only way to get a deicing procedure from the deicing trucks is to select pushback and that also brings out the pushback truck and the luggage carriers and the stairs.  And no where in the GSX Menu or Manual does it suggest having to do that first.

Pages 26-28, the chapter named "Remote De-Icing"