Author Topic: Deicing  (Read 877 times)

bcm652

Deicing
« on: March 15, 2023, 06:54:23 pm »
My aircraft is parked in a deicing pad waiting to be deiced, and the GSX menu for the deicing pad does not offer a ''Deicing'' option, shown clearly on the screen shot.
So, how do I get the deicing trucks to the aircraft.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2023, 06:59:32 pm by bcm652 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Deicing
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2023, 09:28:54 am »
Is that deicing pad overalapping a parking spot ? In that case, the parking spot will take precedence, which is why you have the options related to the parking, which of course include deicing, as part of the departure procedure.

If you want a deicing pad to be dedicated to deicing, where you can deice with engines running, it cannot be located where there's already a real parking.

bcm652

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2023, 07:17:45 pm »
I did some parking customization to clear up some vehicles and relocate the aircraft.
I was looking for a distinct ''deicing'' option in the GSX deicing pad menu, but as you pointed out, the deicing procedure is only available with the pushback procedure and the weather of course. I could not find that instruction in the GSX Manual, would it be wise to include that in the manual.
Other than that, everything is working well.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2023, 04:46:20 pm »
I was looking for a distinct ''deicing'' option in the GSX deicing pad menu, but as you pointed out, the deicing procedure is only available with the pushback procedure and the weather of course

That is only valid if you are on a Parking spot, as GSX always worked before. However, with the new Remote Deicing feature, you can add specific deicing pads but, if they happened to be located on a standard Parking, the standard parking spot options will be in use.

Also, even if the airport profile doesn't specify any custom deicing pads, you can use remote deicing anywhere, provided you are not in a regular parking.

I could not find that instruction in the GSX Manual, would it be wise to include that in the manual.

They are only in the MSFS version of the manual, which has a link to be downloaded separately on the MSFS section of this forum.