Author Topic: Manual entry of passenger number is skipped since last update  (Read 1400 times)

vocux

Hey! Since the last update on Prepar3D, when "estimate passengers number" is unticked in the settings, GSX doesn't ask how many passengers should be boarded anymore, but instead just boards 20 passengers. I keep my version updated all the time, so the change must have occurred in the March 3rd or March 5th version, about 1-2 weeks or so ago everything was working fine and I was asked to enter the passenger number manually. I have "estimate passengers number" ticked off because it often gives me estimates that are completely off.
Any ideas? Do you need any logs or anything? The entry is always skipped now, no matter the plane or the airport.
Best wishes!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Manual entry of passenger number is skipped since last update
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2023, 01:23:32 pm »
You don't say which airplane you use but, from you saying it always boards 20 passengers, it seems you are using FS Labs, because that's a value they initially set for the passengers number by default, before any actual payload is configured.

When GSX is under control of the airplane, which has set the passenger number on its own, the option to ask how many passengers you have is not displayed, since it's supposed the airplane already set it correctly, this is the correct behavior.

vocux

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2023, 02:23:31 pm »
Aaaaah, thanks for the hint! :) It makes sense now. But I guess this is new somehow? I flew many times with entering the GSX passenger numbers manually, is there no setting to override that?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2023, 03:20:01 pm »
Aaaaah, thanks for the hint! :) It makes sense now. But I guess this is new somehow? I flew many times with entering the GSX passenger numbers manually, is there no setting to override that?

If you are using FS Labs, which integrates with GSX, the passenger number is entered in the FS Labs MCDU and sent to GSX.

vocux

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2023, 03:23:22 pm »
Yeah, but it only works when I initiate boarding via the ATSU / AOC boarding procedure. When I set the payload directly via the OPTIONS page (which I was doing all the time), the pax number seems not to be sent to GSX and stays at 20.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2023, 03:28:39 pm »
Yeah, but it only works when I initiate boarding via the ATSU / AOC boarding procedure.

That's how you are supposed to use it in GSX.

When I set the payload directly via the OPTIONS page (which I was doing all the time), the pax number seems not to be sent to GSX and stays at 20.

That's for FS Labs to reset it to 0 when you use it that way or change from a previous session in which you used the ATSU procedure. If GSX sees any value other than 0, it won't ask you the number, because it assumed that value has been set by the airplane code.

vocux

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2023, 03:32:26 pm »
Yeah I understand it now, but as I've said, I also think that this behaviour changed shortly. I haven't used the ATSU / AOC boarding procedure for years and have always set the pax number manually via the prompt, it just doesn't ask me anymore since a week or two.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2023, 03:36:09 pm »
Yeah I understand it now, but as I've said, I also think that this behaviour changed shortly. I haven't used the ATSU / AOC boarding procedure for years and have always set the pax number manually via the prompt, it just doesn't ask me anymore since a week or two.

It was a bug in the previous version the prompt wouldn't disappear if the airplane code already set the external variable, the correct behavior, as I've said, is not to have the prompt if the airplane code sets the passenger number.