Author Topic: No PAX boarding - custom airport + custom profile  (Read 1321 times)

jfo11

No PAX boarding - custom airport + custom profile
« on: March 06, 2023, 04:49:08 pm »
Hi there!
I find very often that when using a custom profile from Flightsim.to at a custom airport, when I ask for boarding, I do not see PAX actually boarding the plane.
To explain it better, I am not prompted for boarding the crew, then I hear the ambiance sounds of PAX boarding for a few seconds, then the sound stops, and that's it. COUTL keeps running fine, because I will get the plane refueled, baggage is loaded, etc.
This happens for example at LVFR LEBL (tried many different gates) but also at other airports, such as FSDT LFSB. The only thing they have in common is that for all of them I use custom profiles downloaded from Flightsim.to.
All the other GSX features work fine: Refueling, baggage loading, pushback, etc.
Also, when I arrive at one of the gates where I previously did not see PAX boarding, deboarding works fine (I see people leaving the plane and walking through the jetway).
This happens approximately at half the custom airports I have tried.
It is not a deal breaker, but it would be nice the have that fixed.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No PAX boarding - custom airport + custom profile
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2023, 06:00:10 pm »
To explain it better, I am not prompted for boarding the crew, then I hear the ambiance sounds of PAX boarding for a few seconds, then the sound stops, and that's it. COUTL keeps running fine, because I will get the plane refueled, baggage is loaded, etc.

A possible reason might be jetways hasn't been detected, resulting in the passenger being only simulated (going fast)

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,28816.msg187897.html#msg187897

jfo11

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2023, 08:15:53 pm »
mmm, that could be possible. But...
- I have the NAV DATA API disabled
- The same gate, on arrival, works flawlessly. I tell GSX to deboard, jetway connects, doors open, and passengers disembark...
I will do a trial (hopefully tomorrow) to first connect the jetway using the Fenix EFB, before ordering any GSX service, and see what happens...

ehenkes

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2023, 09:19:56 pm »
I experienced the same at LFSB.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2023, 02:41:10 am »
I will do a trial (hopefully tomorrow) to first connect the jetway using the Fenix EFB, before ordering any GSX service, and see what happens...

You should do exactly the opposite, and disable the jetway auto-connection feature in the Fenix, which might interfere with GSX.

jfo11

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2023, 11:49:43 am »
Ciao Umberto
The automatic handling of jetways and doors was already disabled.
But I can confirm that my solution works, at least with the Fenix 320 and in LVFR LEBL:
- When starting cold and dark, go to EFB, connect jetway and open main door
- Then, follow the usual GSX procedure: Request fueling, boarding, etc.
PAX boarding works fine
I think you should add in your software a timer with a longer delay before deciding that the jetway is not in place. May be custom jetways take longer than others to move into position, and hence GSX does not detect them when asking for boarding. Just a suggestion... ;-)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2023, 10:31:45 am »
I think you should add in your software a timer with a longer delay before deciding that the jetway is not in place. May be custom jetways take longer than others to move into position, and hence GSX does not detect them when asking for boarding. Just a suggestion

As explained so many times already whenever any issue about jetways is reported, this will all change when SU12 will came out and we'll release an update to support it, because right now, we don't have any reliable way to detect a jetway and a reliable way to detect its status.

This will all change with SU12, since Asobo/Microsoft has added the features we requested to have GSX and Jetways working better:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/sdk-q-a-ask-your-questions-here/552074/11